Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q rant

I'm normally pretty easy going about things like this but, if I ever go
into another B&Q store, I shall probably kill someone.
Firstly, I have to chase a staff member round the store to get him to
take an order for home delivery. "Who told you to ask for me?" etc.
We do the order and book a delivery for 6 days ahead. No text message on
the day before the delivery, and no delivery of goods. Ring the store?
Forget it. The system answers the phone and gives you three options, the
last of which is to speak to a member of staff, at which point the line
goes dead. This happens at all times of the day, so you can clock up a
nice little phone bill getting nowhere.
To cut a long story short, a second delivery was arranged but here we
are on the previous day (today) and I've still had no notification of a
time slot as promised on the sales advice, and I've been all round the
houses listening to rap music on the phone just to find out that "as far
as we know" it will be delivered at "some point tomorrow".
Blimey, I feel even worse now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 19, 4:14*pm, stuart noble wrote:
[...]

Like a second marriage, the triumph of hope over experience. I'm
guessing that whatever you're buying from them is extremely cheap and/
or unique? Otherwise why not just use a proper business?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2012 16:27, Martin Pentreath wrote:
On Mar 19, 4:14 pm, stuart wrote:
[...]

Looked like the best option at the time

Otherwise why not just use a proper business?

None left mate. IME every organisation, public or private, is using "the
cuts" as an excuse to be even more incompetent than before.

What kind of computer system allows a sales person to charge for a home
delivery without actually booking one? Asking for trouble I would have
thought

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , stuart noble
writes

What kind of computer system allows a sales person to charge for a home
delivery without actually booking one? Asking for trouble I would have
thought

The Post Office. OK, not quite home delivery, but the PO system is
configured such that, when ordering foreign currency, it is possible to
charge the customer, but not place the order. The two are entirely
separate transactions. Absolute bloody madness.
--
Graeme, looking forward to the Post Office local discussion :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2012 17:39, stuart noble wrote:
On 19/03/2012 16:27, Martin Pentreath wrote:

Otherwise why not just use a proper business?

None left mate. IME every organisation, public or private, is using "the
cuts" as an excuse to be even more incompetent than before...

Not at all. Proper builders' merchants have always been slow and
incompetent. However, they have at least heard of what I want and either
have it in stock or can get it for me quickly and at a good price.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Experience with Wickes is just the opposite - to the point where it
gets mildly annoying.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NT wrote:
stuart noble wrote:
If I go into another B&Q store, I shall probably kill someone.

Experience with Wickes is just the opposite - to the point where it
gets mildly annoying.

The only thing I use B&Q for is for checking what sort of materials
exist, what sort of sizes they come in, and ball-park prices. I then
go to Wickes or ToolStation, or my local plumbers or building
suppliers and buy stuff there for at least 30% less.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2012 22:47, jgharston wrote:
NT wrote:
stuart noble wrote:
If I go into another B&Q store, I shall probably kill someone.

Experience with Wickes is just the opposite - to the point where it
gets mildly annoying.

The only thing I use B&Q for is for checking what sort of materials
exist, what sort of sizes they come in, and ball-park prices. I then
go to Wickes or ToolStation, or my local plumbers or building
suppliers and buy stuff there for at least 30% less.

JGH

Except for loft insulation @ £1 a roll
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2012 22:20, NT wrote:
On Mar 19, 4:14 pm, stuart wrote:
[...]

Thanks to the predictive text thing on their website, I can send them
complaints every 5 minutes without having to type anything much. My own
little mail bomb. Not even an auto reply so far. My guess is they will
never be answered.

Too much to expect them to monitor groups such as this for bad publicity
too. Short sighted muppets

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:31:04 +0000, stuart noble
wrote:

Too much to expect them to monitor groups such as this for bad publicity
too.

Facebook on the otherhand might be of some use to you.
Usenet is of little interest to companies but FB is.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Too much to expect them to monitor groups such as this for bad publicity
too.

Facebook on the otherhand might be of some use to you.
Usenet is of little interest to companies but FB is.

Ok, so they did deliver today, but no text to say they were on their
way. The office should do that apparently, but how does the office know
where the truck is? When I said to the driver, "Christ, am I glad to see
you", he replied, "That's what they all say". Our subsequent
conversation suggests that SNAFU about sums up B&Q.

Oh, and I have had a personal reply to my complaint. Kind of late, but
better than nothing I suppose. Let's see how sorry they really are
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Too much to expect them to monitor groups such as this for bad
publicity too.

Facebook on the otherhand might be of some use to you.
Usenet is of little interest to companies but FB is.

Ok, so they did deliver today, but no text to say they were on their
way. The office should do that apparently, but how does the office know
where the truck is?

with another carrier they knew exactly where the truck was. GPS and all
that.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

***Rant*** MuddyMike UK diy 15 March 20th 12 11:33 AM
OT Rant Leon[_6_] Woodworking 136 November 20th 09 06:04 PM
B&Q rant ABC UK diy 8 July 6th 06 03:43 AM
OT Rant Sam S. Home Repair 2 October 31st 05 05:37 AM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 25th 05 11:02 PM