Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ***Rant***

Bloody BT.
I telephoned to get a rebate for the days without a phone whilst the wires
were down, and they have cut me off!!!
After the call I had an email saying they were stopping my service and to
get back to them if the details don't look right, 10 mins later the line is
disconnected!!! WTF?

I am presently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor because the person
handling the call says it can't be re connected for 24 hours. They can
disconnect in 10 mins so why the bloody hell can't they re connect it as
quick?

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2012 12:24, MuddyMike wrote:
Bloody BT.
I telephoned to get a rebate for the days without a phone whilst the wires
were down, and they have cut me off!!!
After the call I had an email saying they were stopping my service and to
get back to them if the details don't look right, 10 mins later the line is
disconnected!!! WTF?

I am presently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor because the person
handling the call says it can't be re connected for 24 hours. They can
disconnect in 10 mins so why the bloody hell can't they re connect it as
quick?

Make yourself ugly enough and you might be in line for a touch of compo.

DerekG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
om...
Bloody BT.
I telephoned to get a rebate for the days without a phone whilst the wires
were down, and they have cut me off!!!
After the call I had an email saying they were stopping my service and to
get back to them if the details don't look right, 10 mins later the line
is disconnected!!! WTF?

I am presently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor because the person
handling the call says it can't be re connected for 24 hours. They can
disconnect in 10 mins so why the bloody hell can't they re connect it as
quick?

Brings back happy memories. I once spent seven weeks trying to transfer an
existing, working line into my name; being on hold for fifty minutes at a
time, speaking to Indian-sounding gentlemen who didn't have a clue, then
being cut off. It was all great fun.

Finally, on the date they promised the work really would be done, the line
went dead! Now it was waiting up to an hour at a time in phone-boxes. I
could fed up, cancelled the request to register the line, and asked Virgin
to install a line instead, which they did a week later.

Then I can a bill for £390 from BT for cancellation of service! What
service? (Oh, they were kind enough to give me a £50 discount! So only
£340.)

--
Bartc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Derek Geldard" wrote in message
On 19/03/2012 12:24, MuddyMike wrote:
Bloody BT.
I telephoned to get a rebate for the days without a phone whilst the
wires
were down, and they have cut me off!!!
After the call I had an email saying they were stopping my service and to
get back to them if the details don't look right, 10 mins later the line
is
disconnected!!! WTF?

I am presently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor because the
person
handling the call says it can't be re connected for 24 hours. They can
disconnect in 10 mins so why the bloody hell can't they re connect it as
quick?

Make yourself ugly enough and you might be in line for a touch of compo.

It gets worse. BT now tell me I may not be able to get the original number
back, the line may be re instated within 24 hours but on a new number. It
can then take up to 5 days to transfer the original number onto the line, IF
its still available!!!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:17:05 -0000, MuddyMike wrote:

It gets worse. BT now tell me I may not be able to get the original
number back,

That I don't believe, unless there is serious shortage of numbers in
your area. They used to leave old numbers unallocated for months if
not years to "sterilse" them. They don't know what the number was
used for before, chinese take away, local drug dealer (PAYG mobiles
these days of course), brothel, sexy susan...

Time to stop faffing about with the "customer services" teletubbies
and start digging for a local manager contact details. Trouble is I'm
not sure where to start looking for BT Retail contacts other than
google.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:17:05 -0000, MuddyMike wrote:

It gets worse. BT now tell me I may not be able to get the original
number back,

That I don't believe, unless there is serious shortage of numbers in
your area. They used to leave old numbers unallocated for months if
not years to "sterilse" them. They don't know what the number was
used for before, chinese take away, local drug dealer (PAYG mobiles
these days of course), brothel, sexy susan...

Time to stop faffing about with the "customer services" teletubbies
and start digging for a local manager contact details. Trouble is I'm
not sure where to start looking for BT Retail contacts other than
google.

I had just that with my Vodaphone PAYG. Not a heavy user (40 quid a year,
roughly) it suddenly stopped working a few days after the last use. And
phoning my number discovered it had been given to someone else. Took
several days of f**ting about to get it sorted. Including several visits
to shops.

--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 19/03/2012 12:48, BartC wrote:

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
[...]

Make a video clip and post it on utube about their service.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

MuddyMike wrote:
Bloody BT.
I telephoned to get a rebate for the days without a phone whilst the
wires were down, and they have cut me off!!!
After the call I had an email saying they were stopping my service
and to get back to them if the details don't look right, 10 mins
later the line is disconnected!!! WTF?

I am presently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor because the
person handling the call says it can't be re connected for 24 hours.
They can disconnect in 10 mins so why the bloody hell can't they re
connect it as quick?

Coming home to stories like this makes my working day worthwhile.

Thank you.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
[...]

You don't seriously think BT would care do you? I do not have the time to
detail my run-ins but they cost me a fair amount at at chief exec's office
level they still don't care.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , MuddyMike
scribeth thus
Bloody BT.
I telephoned to get a rebate for the days without a phone whilst the wires
were down, and they have cut me off!!!
After the call I had an email saying they were stopping my service and to
get back to them if the details don't look right, 10 mins later the line is
disconnected!!! WTF?

I am presently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor because the person
handling the call says it can't be re connected for 24 hours. They can
disconnect in 10 mins so why the bloody hell can't they re connect it as
quick?

Mike

When you get that "sorted" assuming you can, go to a company that
"knows" what customer "service" is!).

Same lines and cheaper but no BT to deal with...

http://www.zen.co.uk/business/voice/phone-services.aspx

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , tony sayer
scribeth thus
[...]

Or this one if you are a domestic line...

http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/voi...-services.aspx
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
[...]

I probably will, it gets worse.
They have re connected the fax line with a new number and I have had an
email from them this morning confirming that they are transferring it back
to the original number, but the email says they are changing my phone line
number to the old fax number not the new number!!!

Arrrgggggghhh!!!!

Once more on hold waiting for someone to sort it out.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:00:14 -0000, MuddyMike wrote:

Once more on hold waiting for someone to sort it out.

Are these residential class lines or business?

I have a residential POTS with ADSL and if that goes wrong it can be
a nightmare trying to communicate with Bangalore(*). The other line
is a business ISDN, UK call center staffed by people who understand
how the phone system is supposed to work. The only part that ever
trips 'em up is getting any of the MSN's diverted in the event of a
fault. They can do the base number easily but getting the MSN's done
and switch backed can be "interesting".

(*) I don't call residential faults unless I really, really, have to.
Faults are reported via the online service. Which quite often
produces a call back (from the UK) to check details of the fault and
again that call comes from someone who understands phones.

As for switching to Zen even if you can get an LLU the copper in the
ground is still owned and maintained by BT Openreach. Zen, like some
of the other smaller ISPs/Phone providers, are quite good at kicking
BT Openreach repeatedly until a fault is properly cleared. BT Retail
and the other really big ISPs/Providers aren't so good with the stick
on BT Openreach's back.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/03/2012 06:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
So, why did they cut it off in the first place. I reckon they must have
inherited some ex talk talk staff.
Brian

Brilliant. :-))

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , MuddyMike
scribeth thus

"tony sayer" wrote in message
[...]

Just change provider. I did and no longer have to deal with the muppet
show!..

Mike

We gave up our Fax line, well the physical one some time ago now. Ported
the number to VoIPfone can still use the same number but all our
incoming faxes are now as PDF's and it works fine. Costs 2 quid a month
rather then the faxline charge of some 14 odd a month.

Still can send faxes via the normal voice line if and when required. But
since the advent of scan and attach to a e-mail thats now hardly ever
used....

You can have a free one if you don't mind changing the number!..
--
Tony Sayer

Eco-fee - OT rant Michael Koblic[_2_] Metalworking 42 October 16th 10 12:55 AM
My rant... Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 27 May 1st 10 07:40 AM
B&Q (OT rant) John UK diy 30 May 15th 07 11:38 PM
OT rant [email protected] UK diy 0 December 10th 06 01:03 PM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 25th 05 11:02 PM