Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Split in leather

The seats on my old Rover are leather. I do try and keep them clean and
fed with hide food - but the front passenger one has developed a split on
the side bolster. Not all the way across the panel, but more in the
middle. Strange given it gets much less use than the driver's one.

Could it be glued? I don't mind seeing a crease as that's just patina.

I'd be willing to pay for a new panel to be fitted. I'm not sure my sewing
skills would be up to it. I could remove the cover and send it somewhere.
Any recommendations?

--
*Caution: I drive like you do.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The seats on my old Rover are leather. I do try and keep them clean and
fed with hide food - but the front passenger one has developed a split on
the side bolster. Not all the way across the panel, but more in the
middle. Strange given it gets much less use than the driver's one.

Could it be glued? I don't mind seeing a crease as that's just patina.

I'd be willing to pay for a new panel to be fitted. I'm not sure my sewing
skills would be up to it. I could remove the cover and send it somewhere.
Any recommendations?

Stitch from the inside and it will turn into a crease?

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
The seats on my old Rover are leather. I do try and keep them clean and
fed with hide food - but the front passenger one has developed a split on
the side bolster. Not all the way across the panel, but more in the
middle. Strange given it gets much less use than the driver's one.

Could it be glued? I don't mind seeing a crease as that's just patina.

I'd be willing to pay for a new panel to be fitted. I'm not sure my sewing
skills would be up to it. I could remove the cover and send it somewhere.
Any recommendations?

--

I have used a car trimming place local to me

Volvo v70 black leather

About 60ukp + vat for 3 new panels about 6 years back

About the same for one different new panel in 2010

New seat foam on Isuzu trooper being done next week 70ukp + vat

I just drop the car off done same day

Didn't seem worth messing with myself ant that price

Regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message

[...]

Upside down duck tape?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 19, 8:27*pm, "TMC" wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in ... The seats on my old Rover are leather. I do try and keep them clean and
[...]

It certain ly might be worthwhile following up that line as I'm near
Edinburgh and there's a place here that does that sort of repair, so
maybe such shops are around generally.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-02-19, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The seats on my old Rover are leather. I do try and keep them clean and
fed with hide food - but the front passenger one has developed a split

on
the side bolster. Not all the way across the panel, but more in the
middle. Strange given it gets much less use than the driver's one.

Could it be glued?

Superglue works really well on leather.

--
Today is Setting Orange, the 50th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3178
Celebrate Chaoflux

Hence surgeons started using it on human leather

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2012-02-19, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The seats on my old Rover are leather. I do try and keep them clean and
fed with hide food - but the front passenger one has developed a split on
the side bolster. Not all the way across the panel, but more in the
middle. Strange given it gets much less use than the driver's one.

Could it be glued?

Superglue works really well on leather.

Any suggestions on how to pull it together and hold it like that while the
glue sets? It's obviously quite tightly stretched over the rummer filling.

--
*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
In article ,
On 2012-02-19, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The seats on my old Rover are leather. I do try and keep them clean
and fed with hide food - but the front passenger one has developed a
split on the side bolster. Not all the way across the panel, but
more in the middle. Strange given it gets much less use than the
driver's one.

Could it be glued?

Superglue works really well on leather.

Any suggestions on how to pull it together and hold it like that while
the glue sets? It's obviously quite tightly stretched over the rummer
filling.

Or even rubber.

--
*Cleaned by Stevie Wonder, checked by David Blunkett*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:22:02 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

It's obviously quite tightly stretched over the rummer filling.

Bootlegger, eh?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It's obviously quite tightly stretched over the rummer filling.

Bootlegger, eh?

;-) I *really* shouldn't write posts when my specs are elsewhere...

--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*