Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to repair small handle on sliding patio door?

This is one of those round tuit problems, but as we're likely to be
using this door rather more in the near future I've decided I really
ought to do something about it.

The little metal handle that latches/unlatches one of our patio doors
is loose on the small square shaft (it falls off very easily which is the
major problem) and I'm a bit stuck for ways to fix it.

The handle is just a little lump of (I guess) aluminium with a square
hole that's supposed to be a tight fit on the shaft. The shaft is
quite small, I'd guess 1/8" square and only stick out from the door
about 1/2", so there's not much to work with.

There's no maker's name or anything so replacement doesn't seem a very
hopeful approach.

I don't see trying to stuff shims around the hole as being a very long
term fix.

So, does anyone have any bright ideas on how one might fix this?

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
[...]

Photograph may help my visualisation of the cosmic all :-)

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Sliding patio door inside or outside? ** Frank ** Home Repair 34 October 25th 07 05:47 PM
Sliding patio door track HeyBub Home Repair 3 April 28th 07 03:06 AM
Installing sliding Patio Door [email protected] Home Repair 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Sliding patio door tolbiny Home Repair 0 October 16th 06 11:52 PM
Patio door handle West Stand Bowler UK diy 4 June 14th 06 05:44 PM