Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hammer c3 31 for sale

Hello.
I'm selling my father's Hammer c3 31 combination universal woodworking
machine, hardly used good as new.
It's an awesome bit of kit - search for 'hammer c3 31' on youtube for
a demonstration of its capabilities.

Spindle moulding, circular saw, planing - it does it all, and comes
with many acessories to make your woodwork projects easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAMMER-C3-...item3f13c81061

Thanks for your time and attention
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2012 09:56, Simon wrote:
Hello.

http://www.eba.................

Thanks for your time and attention

No, go away.....

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

UseNet Policy

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the
Usenet board policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may among
other remedies) remove the listing, issue a warning, temporarily suspend
or indefinitely suspend the offender's eBay account.

"We have no tolerance for UseNet abuse and will take action as
appropriate. Please note that we can only take action in cases where it
is clear that an eBay member has posted to the Usenet

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2012 13:36, Adrian C wrote:
On 16/02/2012 09:56, Simon wrote:
Hello.

http://www.eba.................

Thanks for your time and attention

No, go away.....

Seems a little harsh in the circumstances...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

UseNet Policy

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the
Usenet board policy.

The key phrase there would appear to be "that is inappropriate"...

Given the nature of the item in the ebay listing, that does not appear
to be the case in this circumstance.

Also take note of the uk.d-i-y faq:

"Private individuals wishing to sell (or give away!) relevant items can
use this group to advertise them, within reason, so long as they post a
follow-up when what is for sale is no longer available."

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
Rumm writes
On 16/02/2012 13:36, Adrian C wrote:

UseNet Policy

"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the
Usenet board policy.

The key phrase there would appear to be "that is inappropriate"...

Given the nature of the item in the ebay listing, that does not appear
to be the case in this circumstance.

Also take note of the uk.d-i-y faq:

"Private individuals wishing to sell (or give away!) relevant items can
use this group to advertise them, within reason, so long as they post a
follow-up when what is for sale is no longer available."

It is a very difficult call.

In the past I have been a bit trigger happy in labelling for-sale items
here as spam until someone pointed out the paragraph you posted with the
emphasis that it should be non-commercial.

IMV it would be reasonable for an active contributor here or from
another related group to advertise a surplus item here but it seems that
the o/p hasn't posted here before, in fact this would appear to be his
first post to usenet.

The entry is in well polished ebay speak implying this is not a one time
seller, so why no posts to usenet except to advertise?

It smells a bit like spam but is it?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 16, 4:06*pm, fred wrote:
In article , John
Rumm writes

[...]

A quick peek at her selling history reveal mostly dresses and
domestic items. The fact that she took the trouble to seek out the
group should act in her favour rather than against her, no ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, fred
writes

A quick peek at her selling history reveal mostly dresses and
domestic items. The fact that she took the trouble to seek out the
group should act in her favour rather than against her, no ?

Yes,
Seconded,

I sympathise with Adrian C.

There are some groups where there are so many ads that it becomes tiring
and it can take just one too many to cause a quick off the cuff comment
such as his.

PS.
I would love it, just can't afford it!!!!!!! :-(

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/02/2012 16:06, fred wrote:

In the past I have been a bit trigger happy in labelling for-sale items
here as spam until someone pointed out the paragraph you posted with the
emphasis that it should be non-commercial.

I was trigger happy. I'm a muppet. Apologies to the OP.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joe Joe is offline

replying to Simon , Joe wrote:
simondenglish wrote:

Hello.
I'm selling my father's Hammer c3 31 combination universal woodworking
machine, hardly used good as new.
It's an awesome bit of kit - search for 'hammer c3 31' on youtube for
a demonstration of its capabilities.
Spindle moulding, circular saw, planing - it does it all, and comes
with many acessories to make your woodwork projects easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAMMER-C3-...item3f13c81061
Thanks for your time and attention

Hi can you give me the price &I your location thanks Joe

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Joe wrote:

simondenglish wrote:

I'm selling my father's Hammer c3 31 combination universal woodworking
machine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270914818145

Hi can you give me the price &I your location thanks Joe

You'd better bid on a time machine first, if you want to bid on the
woodworking machine ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Joe wrote:
replying to Simon , Joe wrote:
simondenglish wrote:

Hello.
I'm selling my father's Hammer c3 31 combination universal woodworking
machine, hardly used good as new.
It's an awesome bit of kit - search for 'hammer c3 31' on youtube for
a demonstration of its capabilities.
Spindle moulding, circular saw, planing - it does it all, and comes
with many acessories to make your woodwork projects easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAMMER-C3-...item3f13c81061
Thanks for your time and attention

Hi can you give me the price &I your location thanks Joe

Hmm. 3 years and 9 months late you're asking about the price for an
auctioned item. You've not really got the hang of Usenet or eBay, have you?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:56:11 AM UTC, Simon wrote:
Hello.
I'm selling my father's Hammer c3 31 combination universal woodworking
machine, hardly used good as new.
It's an awesome bit of kit - search for 'hammer c3 31' on youtube for
a demonstration of its capabilities.

Spindle moulding, circular saw, planing - it does it all, and comes
with many acessories to make your woodwork projects easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAMMER-C3-...item3f13c81061

Thanks for your time and attention

is it still for sale.Thank you