Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My daughter is looking for upholstery assistance

My daughter has taken on the project of restoring an old armchair
without any experience. She's had it down to the frame and is
replacing springs, webbing, framing, etc.

There are various problems inevitably that she is coming across and
she is looking for a forum of some sort where there are knowledgeable
people to assist with obscure questions - but has failed to find one.
Has anyone got any ideas of such a discussion group ?

Thanks
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2012 21:44, robgraham wrote:
My daughter has taken on the project of restoring an old armchair
without any experience. She's had it down to the frame and is
replacing springs, webbing, framing, etc.

There are various problems inevitably that she is coming across and
she is looking for a forum of some sort where there are knowledgeable
people to assist with obscure questions - but has failed to find one.
Has anyone got any ideas of such a discussion group ?

Thanks
Rob

How about this one

http://get-up-and-go.com/upholstery-forum/

There are some very good forums and web sites for all sorts of arts and
crafts in the USA, it's worth doing some persistent googling. There are
also lots of helpful videos on YouTube and I'm sure there will be some
for upholstery techniques.

No harm posting here either. I'm assuming she's looked for evening classes?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Apologies for this one, but a couple of things in this message gave me a
chuckle.
Firstly when I read the sub line I was going to ask if this was personal
upholstery or for some kind of furniture.. I know its my filthy mind... then
there is this unexperienced chair, and I just wondered what sort of
experience a chair needs?
Sorry, must be in the water or something..
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"robgraham" wrote in message
My daughter has taken on the project of restoring an old armchair
without any experience. She's had it down to the frame and is
replacing springs, webbing, framing, etc.

There are various problems inevitably that she is coming across and
she is looking for a forum of some sort where there are knowledgeable
people to assist with obscure questions - but has failed to find one.
Has anyone got any ideas of such a discussion group ?

Thanks
Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 1, 8:35*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
[...]

Well spotted, Brian - certainly no offence taken, and I'm sure my
daughter will laugh at it too. She is of the athletic type so is
rather seriously lacking personal upholstery !

Rob