Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Upholstery repair. How.

I sleep often on the sofa and my keys must have snagged a hole into
the coarse weave upholstery fabric. If I can put some sort of
reinforcement to keep the fibers parallel and in place I can probably
keep the tear from running. Is there some sort of adhesive backed
fabric or tape for this purpose? Ir is there some other method of
repair? I don't think sewing it back will do the job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 Jul, 14:20, PaPaPeng wrote:
I sleep often on the sofa and my keys must have snagged a hole into
the coarse weave upholstery fabric. If I can put some sort of
reinforcement to keep the fibers parallel and in place I can probably
keep the tear from running. Is there some sort of adhesive backed
fabric or tape for this purpose? Ir is there some other method of
repair? I don't think sewing it back will do the job.

Go to a fabric shop and see if you can get some Iron On hem tape.
There are products that you put between 2 pieces of fabric and when
you iron it, it seals them together. If you can get it under the hole
and then arrange the fibers so the tape is hidden, after you iron it,
it might glue all the fibers in place.

Upholstery resources? NoOne N Particular Woodworking 1 May 9th 05 02:36 PM
Upholstery Query Peter J Hemmings UK diy 8 January 26th 05 08:44 PM
Upholstery Cleaning kafkaian UK diy 1 November 30th 04 02:30 PM
wing chair upholstery Mike Hide Woodworking 2 August 20th 04 03:36 PM
Upholstery classes, workshops? Grace Home Repair 3 March 2nd 04 04:18 AM