Junior Member

Location: NYC
Unhappy Photos: Help Identify my Shower-Head Wall Mount - Broken

One of the arms used to dock the shower-head on my sliding wall mount has broken off.

I am renting, so I have no idea what brand this is, but perhaps you could help identify it? (Please see photos.)

Or perhaps advise on how to replace either just the broken part, or all of the sliding part itself.

I wouldn't want to change the whole set-up, including the actual wall-mounted tube.

I live in central London, near Kensington. Do you have any ideas for shops I could visit that could stock any of these parts?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Photos: Help Identify my Shower-Head Wall Mount - Broken-1shower-holder-broken-all-jpg  Photos: Help Identify my Shower-Head Wall Mount - Broken-2shower-holder-broken-left-jpg  Photos: Help Identify my Shower-Head Wall Mount - Broken-3shower-holder-broken-right-jpg  Photos: Help Identify my Shower-Head Wall Mount - Broken-4shower-holder-broken-front-jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Photos: Help Identify my Shower-Head Wall Mount - Broken

ArtHistoryX wrote:
One of the arms used to dock the shower-head on my sliding wall mount
has broken off.

I am renting, so I have no idea what brand this is, but perhaps you
could help identify it? (Please see photos.)

Getting a replacement part is unlikely to be possible IMO, so full rail
replacement is probably the way to go BUT, speak to your landlord first.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ArtHistoryX wrote:
One of the arms used to dock the shower-head on my sliding wall mount
has broken off.

I am renting, so I have no idea what brand this is, but perhaps you
could help identify it? (Please see photos.)

Or perhaps advise on how to replace either just the broken part, or
all of the sliding part itself.

I wouldn't want to change the whole set-up, including the actual
wall-mounted tube.

You're not going to find this part, and even if you did it would cost you
more than replacing the whole thing.

I live in central London, near Kensington. Do you have any ideas for
shops I could visit that could stock any of these parts?

Thank you!

Is there a tesco near you?

http://snipurl.com/21wgimv

£9.99 for the riser rail, stop ends and head holder.

Other shops have them too (the full kit, not the one part that you want)
Asda, B&Q etc etc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2012 15:42, Phil L wrote:
ArtHistoryX wrote:
[...]

The only trouble with that is that the screw holes in the tiles will be
in different places - or at least, one of them will be. If that's an
issue (and it might be for your landlord when it comes to getting your
deposit back eventually) then you might want to consider a Mira riser
rail - but they're expensive.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 26, 12:14*pm, ArtHistoryX
wrote:
One of the arms used to dock the shower-head on my sliding wall mount
has broken off.

I am renting, so I have no idea what brand this is, but perhaps you
could help identify it? (Please see photos.)

Or perhaps advise on how to replace either just the broken part, or all
of the sliding part itself.

I wouldn't want to change the whole set-up, including the actual
wall-mounted tube.

I live in central London, near Kensington. Do you have any ideas for
shops I could visit that could stock any of these parts?

Thank you!

|Filename: 1Shower-Holder-Broken-All.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6334|
|Filename: 2Shower-Holder-Broken-Left.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
|Download:http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6335|
|Filename: 3Shower-Holder-Broken-Right.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6336|
|Filename: 4Shower-Holder-Broken-Front.JPG * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.diybanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6337|

ArtHistoryX

Replacing the whole sliding section would work. You just need one
designed to slide on the same diameter tube. For example:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140592967952
to fit 25mm tube. Cheaper ones are available.
Alternatively it's possible that http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330341802000
would work, but there are no dimensions to check.
Lots of possibilities on ebay if you search for 'shower holder' or
similar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lobster
wrote

The only trouble with that is that the screw holes in the tiles will be
in different places - or at least, one of them will be. If that's an
issue (and it might be for your landlord when it comes to getting your
deposit back eventually) then you might want to consider a Mira riser
rail - but they're expensive.

Measure the size of the rail, Go down to the local pound shop and buy a
complete riser assembly with the same diameter rail . Then cannibalise
it. Just use the shower head fixing on the existing rail. You may need
to use the shower head that comes with the new riser but that screw on
the flexible pipe should be standard.

Something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-25m...-RISER-RAIL-PU
SH-BUTTON-/110790889117?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Shower_Uni ts_PP&hash=i
tem19cba6ce9d
may work but in my experience no two shower heads are the same and there
is no guarantee that your existing shower head assembly will sit in it
properly.

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/01/2012 00:40, Alan wrote:

Measure the size of the rail, Go down to the local pound shop and buy a
complete riser assembly with the same diameter rail . Then cannibalise
it. Just use the shower head fixing on the existing rail. You may need
to use the shower head that comes with the new riser but that screw on
the flexible pipe should be standard.

Something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-25m...-RISER-RAIL-PU
SH-BUTTON-/110790889117?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Shower_Uni ts_PP&hash=i
tem19cba6ce9d
may work but in my experience no two shower heads are the same and there
is no guarantee that your existing shower head assembly will sit in it
properly.

It's usually the tapered fitting on the end of the flexible hose which
needs to fit in the riser - rather than the shower head per se.
--
Cheers,
Roger