pbabin

Default Can anyone here identify this surface mount component

http://www.bcae1.com/images/surfacemount.jpg

I guessed that it was a 6.8vz but I can't find any zeners that use this type of marking.

Thanks in advance

Rono

It is a transistor. Use the site below to cross reference!
Rono.

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

"pbabin" wrote in message
http://www.bcae1.com/images/surfacemount.jpg

I guessed that it was a 6.8vz but I can't find any zeners that use this

type of marking.

Thanks in advance

pbabin

I'm fairly sure it's a diode. There's another on the board and it checks to
be a diode. The board layout has only 2 connected pads. If it were larger,
I'd remove the other from the board and apply voltage to it to see if it had
a breakdown voltage near 6.8v but the physical size would make it difficult.

"Enrico" wrote in message
news
Probably is a transistor...
Test it with the tester in diode mode to find base-collector-emitter.

Bye!

"pbabin" ha scritto nel messaggio
http://www.bcae1.com/images/surfacemount.jpg

I guessed that it was a 6.8vz but I can't find any zeners that use this
type of marking.

Thanks in advance

Wes.

"pbabin" wrote in message ...
http://www.bcae1.com/images/surfacemount.jpg

I guessed that it was a 6.8vz but I can't find any zeners that use this
type of marking.

Thanks in advance

http://www.marsport.demon.co.uk/smd/mainframe.htm

If it is a diode, it is most likely as you suspect a 6.8Vz. Looking at the
SOD-80 diode markings, to looks to be a corrupt form of mark (6Y8 but 6.8Y)
for a 6.8Vz.

To confuse matters there is also a transistor 68Y but without the decimal
point grin and it's in the SOT-89 package. I see a load of diodes in this
same package, they use ether two pins only or have the opposite two pins
tied together.

Wes.