Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping Jim K

I thought you might enjoy this:-)

http://youtu.be/AaYfrcfVLA4

regards
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message

I thought you might enjoy this:-)

http://youtu.be/AaYfrcfVLA4

regards

Excellent digger work - see the way each sleeper is exactly lined up without
having to shunt it side to side. Though I'm surprised that they laid such a
wide track of road planings first. Nicely tracked in and level though.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Mawson
writes
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .

I thought you might enjoy this:-)

http://youtu.be/AaYfrcfVLA4

regards

Excellent digger work - see the way each sleeper is exactly lined up
without having to shunt it side to side. Though I'm surprised that they
laid such a wide track of road planings first. Nicely tracked in and
level though.

Culled from an agricultural forum. I do rather wonder if there has been
some discreet video editing with the sound track added for pretend
continuity?

The thread included some information on sleeper *types* having different
lengths/thicknesses.

I doubt that construction would stand up to Jim's fuel delivery lorry
for long.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 22, 9:01 am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Andrew Mawson
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .

I thought you might enjoy this:-)

http://youtu.be/AaYfrcfVLA4

regards

Excellent digger work - see the way each sleeper is exactly lined up
without having to shunt it side to side. Though I'm surprised that they
laid such a wide track of road planings first. Nicely tracked in and
level though.

Culled from an agricultural forum. I do rather wonder if there has been
some discreet video editing with the sound track added for pretend
continuity?

The thread included some information on sleeper *types* having different
lengths/thicknesses.

I doubt that construction would stand up to Jim's fuel delivery lorry
for long.

thanks for the thought ;)

I'd seen that before but tis indeed good digger skills.

Come spring I;m planning on getting lots of "3inch clean" or maybe "3"
down" crushed concrete in -
current ponder is can I adapt my dumper to "pour" two tracks (L & R)
to limit the amount of handling....some sort of baffling seems to be
in order...

NB I want to leave the middle of the track "as is" for drainage and
horses etc

(oil truck - they call it a "baby" tanker - I reckon it can't be much
more than 7.5 maybe 10T? (if full) over 2 axles?)

Cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 01:56:07 -0800 (PST), Jim K wrote:

(oil truck - they call it a "baby" tanker - I reckon it can't be much
more than 7.5 maybe 10T? (if full) over 2 axles?)

A 7.5 tonner has a gross weight of 7.5 tonne I'd guess that to be
roughly 5000l of payload leaving about 2.5tonnes for the truck
itself. Trying to remember the compartment sizes of the small two
axle tanker that delivers our heating oil, 2000, 2000 and 1000
springs to mind but that memory might be influenced by this thread...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

A 7.5 tonner has a gross weight of 7.5 tonne I'd guess that to be
roughly 5000l of payload leaving about 2.5tonnes for the truck
itself.

I wish, you're lucky to have a payload of 3.25 tonnes, less on our atego
because the body is heavy.

18 tonne is now the max for two axles and 26 for 3. Our 6 wheeler is good
for about 13 tonnes.

AJH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 22, 5:45 pm, andrew wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

A 7.5 tonner has a gross weight of 7.5 tonne I'd guess that to be
roughly 5000l of payload leaving about 2.5tonnes for the truck
itself.

I wish, you're lucky to have a payload of 3.25 tonnes, less on our atego
because the body is heavy.

yup builders merchants get a bit "itchy" when I try to get them to
bring more than 3 tonnes on their 7.5t tipper

plus the oil must be lighter than water? abt 80%

18 tonne is now the max for two axles and 26 for 3. Our 6 wheeler is good
for about 13 tonnes.

could be a bit more than I imagined then....

Cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:33:11 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

I thought you might enjoy this:-)

http://youtu.be/AaYfrcfVLA4

Be a bit of a bugger if it broke down just after a load was dumped
behind it.

OT- Ping KRW Red Green Home Repair 5 July 8th 11 06:18 AM
Ping RBM WW[_2_] Home Repair 2 June 27th 11 02:17 PM
Ping: Ed cavelamb Metalworking 7 September 10th 09 09:30 PM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
Ping BB Cliff Metalworking 0 February 21st 06 04:08 AM