Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It will end in tears.......

The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of the
house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Spike Strip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 25, 9:42 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of the
house.

--
Adam

Pikey area.

erm no just
xmas + kids = mayhem

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of the
house.

--
Adam

Could hope that the exhaust fumes do their work !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

the_constructor wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of
the house.

--
Adam

Could hope that the exhaust fumes do their work !!

More likely a bus. They are now using it on the road.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:09:26 -0000, ARWadsworth
wrote:

the_constructor wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of
the house.

--
Adam

Could hope that the exhaust fumes do their work !!

More likely a bus. They are now using it on the road.

Many police forces take a tough line on non-legal scooters.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

the_constructor wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside
of the house.

--
Adam

Could hope that the exhaust fumes do their work !!

More likely a bus. They are now using it on the road.

Many police forces take a tough line on non-legal scooters.

I was surprised that Paul bought such a present as he is such a law abiding
citizen.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Dec 25, 10:50 am, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of
the house.

Be fair, it's going to be difficult riding it up the drive ...

I last saw 2 of then riding it down the A61 towards Newmillerdam!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of the
house.

--
Adam

Pikey area.

They would ride it on the streets where its illegal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside
of the house.

--
Adam

Pikey area.

They would ride it on the streets where its illegal.

Is it illegal to ride them on the street?

I would not have had a go on it when his kids offered and driven it down the
street if I had known that it was illegal to do so.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:22:14 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside
of the house.

They would ride it on the streets where its illegal.

Is it illegal to ride them on the street?

I would not have had a go on it when his kids offered and driven it down the
street if I had known that it was illegal to do so.

Not sure if you are saying that Tongue in cheek or not ,but you
probably have more to lose than the youngsters if caught.
They might not be too inconvenienced by points being allocated to a
licence they may not have yet for using a vehicle without insurance
etc,type approval registration plate , etc etc on a public road and
the adjoining pavements.
You on the other hand as a tradesmen who needs his van to earn a
living probably don't want to put your licence in more jeopardy than
what already is risked by ordinary driving.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
On Dec 25, 9:42 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside of
the
house.

--
Adam

Pikey area.

erm no just
xmas + kids = mayhem

Jim K

Pikey kids, with pikey parents.
Adam will not dispute this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

the_constructor wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

I know because they woke me up at 5am riding it around the inside
of the house.

--
Adam

Could hope that the exhaust fumes do their work !!

More likely a bus. They are now using it on the road.

Many police forces take a tough line on non-legal scooters.

I was surprised that Paul bought such a present as he is such a law
abiding citizen.

--
Adam

Pikey ..

My next door neighbour is not a pikey.

He has never done a full days dishonest work in his life.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The next door neighbour had bought his lads a petrol scooter for
Christmas.

Is it illegal to ride them on the street?

I would not have had a go on it when his kids offered and driven it down the
street if I had known that it was illegal to do so.

They might not be too inconvenienced by points being allocated to a
licence they may not have yet for using a vehicle without insurance
etc,type approval registration plate , etc etc on a public road and
the adjoining pavements.

I doubt it needs a registration number/plate or, if it does, it should
be the least important issue ...

Adam will surely have a blanket clause in his insurance covering him for
any other vehicle "not owned ... by him ...".

I could be wrong but I was assuming by petrol powered scooter this is
one of those scooters that Children have had for yonks, roughly a
plank with a steerable wheel at the front and a wheel or sometimes two
at the back and no seat. not something like a Lambretta.
Such things in recent years have been available motorised ,sometimes
electric, sometimes Petrol. Not sure of the status with the real low
powered electric ones but those of reasonable power cannot take
advantage of electrically assisted bicycle rules as having no pedals
they plainly cannot be pedal assisted,even though a leg on the ground
could do the same. With petrol ones there is no grey area ,despite
being intended as a childs toy if it has an IC engine it is a vehicle
and has to be licenced ,registered and operated as a motor vehicle
with the rider being the correct age to hold a driving licence of the
right type if they are used on the public road.
Most would never get approval to be classed as such a vehicle and
legal use by any rider is confined to private land.
I don't think Adams insurance would cover one any more than if he
built a car out scaffold poles an old cement mixer engine and chicken
shed wheels. The police could throw the book at him if they caught him
riding it on the highway.The more charitable will explain the
situation and let you take it home but as it usually unwitting
youngsters but if they ignore the advice and are seen again the result
is often seizure of the scooter which may lead to its crushing.

G.Harman