Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ultraheat Compact 4 radiators?

Hi,

Does anyone have experiance of Ultraheat Compact 4 radiators, are they
good, bad or indifferent?

I'm looking for some 900mm high radiators and they are one of the few
makes I've found on line in that height.

Thanks,
BraileTrail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does anyone have experiance of Ultraheat Compact 4 radiators, are they
good, bad or indifferent?

good from me, but not in a typical situation,

i used them in my motorhome when i put in wet central heating, so have some
of the smaller ones (200 and 300mm wide, 400 tall and so on)

fed by an eberspacher 5 kw diesel boiler, running at 85*C, they heat the
living area up fast and give out loads of heat for a good while after the
pump turns off.

pretty well made too as they have had no problems being hung on the standard
brackets that come with them, with just a self tapper put thru the top to
stop them poping off the brackets, as they get bounced around quite a bit as
i drive down out lovely smooth roads... not, mind the belgian roads were
worse, and again no leaks, cracks or owt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BraileTrail wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have experiance of Ultraheat Compact 4 radiators, are they
good, bad or indifferent?

I'm looking for some 900mm high radiators and they are one of the few
makes I've found on line in that height.

I don't know about the Compact 4, but we have three of the Compact 6 triple
panel radiators and they are extremely good both in terms of build quality
and heat output.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
BraileTrail writes:
Hi,

Does anyone have experiance of Ultraheat Compact 4 radiators, are they
good, bad or indifferent?

I'm looking for some 900mm high radiators and they are one of the few
makes I've found on line in that height.

Yes, I have used the Ultraheat Compact 4 and Ultraheat Compact 6, and
they're all fine, actually really nice quality. The wide range of
sizes and triple panel ones was the main reason. Also, they were
manufactured just up the road, and the plumbers merchant could get
any size next day (or same day if ordered early enough). Sometimes
if you order a compact 4, you get a compact 6 (an extra pair of
bottom-feed connections). If I'd realised the compact 6's cost no
more, I would actually have ordered all compact 6's.

I would caution that the external white finish is not waterproof, so
if you use one in a bath/shower room where it will get condensation
on it in the summer, the coating will start failing after 10 years.
However, this is true of just about all radiators (many go much
quicker). I prefer not to paint radiators if possible, but I would
suggest painting a bathroom one, at least the bottom edges.
I've had no leaks in ten years though, and they all still look
brand new (even the bathroom one).

It's just a shame their website is such a pile of crap - it always
has been. If you can get a leaflet from a plumber's merchant,
that's actually very useful.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all the responses, think I'll go with the Ultraheat
radiators.

BraileTrail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BraileTrail wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, think I'll go with the Ultraheat
radiators.

Shop around carefully. I found that the cheapest supplier charged half the
price of the most expensive supplier.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:58:53 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth wrote:

BraileTrail wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, think I'll go with the Ultraheat
radiators.

Shop around carefully. I found that the cheapest supplier charged half the
price of the most expensive supplier.

Well worth doing. I was quoted ~£190 for a rad. + VAT + delivery by a local
place. Orderd on-line for ~£92 Inc. and the rad. was delivered from the
local place that gave the quote!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away