Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Voltage drop question

ARWadsworth wrote:

You can use the old CostCurrent clamp meter. You just need to convert from £
to Amps:-)

It had fleetingly crossed my mind!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

You can use the old CostCurrent clamp meter. You just need to
convert from £ to Amps:-)

It had fleetingly crossed my mind!

Having done a few calcs then it seems that you cannot double the cores up on
a C type without using a RCD at the house end unless your Ze is much less
than 0.35.

I'll look into fuse alternatives but I do have to do some work as well!

--
Adam

* Sometimes I like to lay in my neighbours garden and pretend to be a
carrot *

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Having done a few calcs then it seems that you cannot double the cores up on
a C type without using a RCD at the house end unless your Ze is much less
than 0.35.

I'll look into fuse alternatives but I do have to do some work as well!

When I had my resistance numbers out by a factor of 100, I'd looked into
something like this

http://www.proteusswitchgear.co.uk/p...p?product=3118

Given that there never was a good reason for the C type, I suspect going
back to the B type will be easier, I've had no further email replies
from dad, so I suspect a visit at the weekend might be called for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

When I had my resistance numbers out by a factor of 100

or even 10

drop AC voltage question Jon[_12_] Electronics 4 January 6th 10 12:13 PM
12v Voltage Drop? Mike Hibbert UK diy 7 February 24th 08 12:33 PM
Voltage drop scenario/amperage question Don Foreman Metalworking 18 December 3rd 07 02:22 PM
Voltage drop Terry Home Repair 4 July 11th 07 09:44 PM
Low voltage lights - voltage drop/cable size [email protected] UK diy 2 October 31st 05 09:54 AM