Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi recip saw - an acquisition

Just picked up one today; not used it yet, but it looks ok for
occasional use.
As I've stopped doing full-time pro building/plumbing/elec work, I'm
filling in the gaps of tools I fancy with some of the cheapies - no
way would I pay DeWalt or Makita prices for something I'd use a couple
of times a year.
I still have my main kit to fall back on for the regular stuff, but
the odd Aldidl tool is fine for footering about with.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Just picked up one today; not used it yet, but it looks ok for
occasional use.

Ditto ..

They didn't have any packs of spare blades in though .. they only got
17 packs in (apparently) and they went with the first few purchases ..
well duh!

As I've stopped doing full-time pro building/plumbing/elec work, I'm
filling in the gaps of tools I fancy with some of the cheapies - no
way would I pay DeWalt or Makita prices for something I'd use a couple
of times a year.
I still have my main kit to fall back on for the regular stuff, but
the odd Aldidl tool is fine for footering about with.

Hope so .. I 'needed' one [1] a few weeks ago and eventually had to use
the angle grinder in non-optimal conditions .. the saw (I just checked)
would have done the job easily and more quickly, but definitely more
safely.

[1] Cutting part of an inner wing and floor out of the Landrover prior
to welding new back in.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
Just picked up one today; not used it yet, but it looks ok for
occasional use.
As I've stopped doing full-time pro building/plumbing/elec work, I'm
filling in the gaps of tools I fancy with some of the cheapies - no
way would I pay DeWalt or Makita prices for something I'd use a couple
of times a year.
I still have my main kit to fall back on for the regular stuff, but
the odd Aldidl tool is fine for footering about with.

I got one today too.

I have just powered it up to make sure it runs, it seems sturdy enough
and the accelerator type trigger was a pleasant surprise, giving good
slow speed control. I don't have a specific use as yet so 1 pack of
spare blades was enough for me.

Fortunately my nearest store doesn't have a large owner occupier base so
the DIY tools tend to hang about for a bit.
--
fred
time for a new sig I think . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Grimly Curmudgeon wrote :
Just picked up one today; not used it yet, but it looks ok for
occasional use.
As I've stopped doing full-time pro building/plumbing/elec work, I'm
filling in the gaps of tools I fancy with some of the cheapies - no
way would I pay DeWalt or Makita prices for something I'd use a couple
of times a year.
I still have my main kit to fall back on for the regular stuff, but
the odd Aldidl tool is fine for footering about with.

I bought the earlier design from two or three years ago and still
working well, despite much abuse. Its cut tree branches, tree roots
below ground and lots of other things with ease. The chuck has seized a
couple of times for lack of lubrication and the rubberised nose has
started to split, but other than that - fine.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)