Jon Nicoll

Default UK source of Steel threaded inserts?

Hi there
I'm looking for a UK source of steel threaded inserts, with an
outside thread for screwing into wood, and an inside thread for
screwing a bolt into later. Size of internal thread would be around
4--5mm.

I _don't_ want helicoils, and I'm having trouble tracking down a
source on the web. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Jon N
mrcheerful

"Jon Nicoll" wrote in message
om...
Hi there
I'm looking for a UK source of steel threaded inserts, with an
outside thread for screwing into wood, and an inside thread for
screwing a bolt into later. Size of internal thread would be around
4--5mm.

I _don't_ want helicoils, and I'm having trouble tracking down a
source on the web. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Jon N

screwfix have them.
6mm thread size, iirc they need a 10mm hole in the wood. they are qite
shallow, I used them for some end pads on theatre seats, wood screws just
pull out of the half inch ply, but so far these are still solid.

reference no, is 28157 nut insert

mrcheerful

wattie

"Jon Nicoll" wrote in message
om...
Hi there
I'm looking for a UK source of steel threaded inserts, with an
outside thread for screwing into wood, and an inside thread for
screwing a bolt into later. Size of internal thread would be around
4--5mm.

I _don't_ want helicoils, and I'm having trouble tracking down a
source on the web. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Jon N

Good afternoon Jon,
There is a company called components direct www.comdir.co.uk They have a
range of fasteners, including insert nuts, for wood/furniture that may do.
WM

Dorothy Bradbury

Tappex are very good, but min order of ~25+P&P+VAT (~£40).

Acorn Fasteners can get steel threaded inserts without a min order fee,
there are several types depending on the material, and hole sizes to use.
--
Dorothy Bradbury

Soldering aluminum tubing to steel sheet metal Racer X Metalworking 8 May 15th 04 12:16 AM
Old Steel - New Steel Jim Stewart Metalworking 29 April 5th 04 09:24 PM
Looking for High speed steel source in canada blabla Woodworking 7 January 26th 04 03:13 AM
Bench Vise Questions (Steel vs. Iron) x Metalworking 2 September 1st 03 04:50 PM