Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Packard Bell computer driving me crazy!!!! Help!

On 01/10/2011 19:03, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 17:38:12 +0100, John Rumm wrote:
apart from rough sketches on A4 scrap, I get a computer model going
ASAP so I can see how it will look in 3D....

Yup, same here for any furniture projects (bar the simplest) generally.

But furniture is just something you have in the home, and generally isn't
physically attached to it - so presumably falls foul of the same rules
which prohibit mention on this group of building/maintaining computers
without professional help.

I can go change the FAQ if you want ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 22:36:52 +0100, John Rumm wrote:
But furniture is just something you have in the home, and generally
isn't physically attached to it - so presumably falls foul of the same
rules which prohibit mention on this group of building/maintaining
computers without professional help.

I can go change the FAQ if you want ;-)

Well, you could add suggested guidelines for recommended volume of posts
on specific topics per month... ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2011 16:20, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 22:36:52 +0100, John Rumm wrote:
But furniture is just something you have in the home, and generally
isn't physically attached to it - so presumably falls foul of the same
rules which prohibit mention on this group of building/maintaining
computers without professional help.

I can go change the FAQ if you want ;-)

Well, you could add suggested guidelines for recommended volume of posts
on specific topics per month... ;-)

Can you imagine the arguments about post quota!

We would need a WT: prefix for "Wrong Title" - i.e. we have our quota of
plumbing posts this month, so I have titled my "how do I change a tap"
post as "WT: making a mortice and tenon joint" ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:53:36 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo , Mark
escribió:

Right. But this is a DIY ng and fixing a computer is DIY.

from the FAQ:

"DIY stands for Do It Yourself, Plumbing, wiring, building, decorating,
furniture making, and in fact anything and everything to do with
maintaining, running, and improving your home, from putting up shelves
to building a house."

Nothing there about fixing computers, and there are other, more
suitable, more targeted, groups where the OP would receive excellent
advice.

The error messages don't always help either.

You're clueless. They can at the very least help differentiate between
software (device driver) and hardware issues.

Ah, a "know-it-all". FYI the messages are not always the same. SOME
messages can help and some are of little use at all.

--
(\__/) M.