Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Packard Bell VT700 PC- Monitor

Hello,

I have a Packard Bell VT700 Monitor, who don't give a display. When I switch
the monitor on, the powersignallight goes on. But when I put the signalcabel
from the monitor in the PC, the powersignallight on the monitor goes out. Is
there someone who knows what the problem is?
I'm looking for a Servicemanual for this monitor. Is there someone who knows
where I can buy it?

Chris

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 11 May 2009 17:47:28 +0200, "Chris" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a Packard Bell VT700 Monitor, who don't give a display. When I switch
the monitor on, the powersignallight goes on. But when I put the signalcabel
from the monitor in the PC, the powersignallight on the monitor goes out. Is
there someone who knows what the problem is?
I'm looking for a Servicemanual for this monitor. Is there someone who knows
where I can buy it?

http://support.packardbell.com/globa..._monitor_vt700

The Power Indicator LED on the front panel of the LCD screen is lit
when the power is ON. This LED also indicates the power status:

If the LED is Green / Blue, then the monitor is in normal operation
mode and receives a signal from the computer.

If the LED is Amber, then the monitor is in Power-saving mode.

When the display is in power-saving mode, the screen is blank and the
power indicator is amber.

A monitor goes into power saving mode when it fails to detect
horizontal and vertical sync pulses from the video card. In this case
the LED will be amber.

When you connect the video cable, the monitor attempts to power up and
fails. I would suspect an inverter or lamp problem.

- Franc Zabkar