Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower Problems

I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix
it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I
have difficulty on operating this particular shower. Now I remember
vaguely that there is a site "shower Doctor" or some such that was
strongly recommended. However when I Googled for it I find a number with
that or a similar name. Can anyone point me to the correct one please? I
intend to fix/replace it myself.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix
it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I
have difficulty on operating this particular shower. Now I remember vaguely
that there is a site "shower Doctor" or some such that was strongly
recommended. However when I Googled for it I find a number with that or a
similar name. Can anyone point me to the correct one please? I intend to
fix/replace it myself.

http://www.showerdoc.com/

Just click on the menu bar for relevent section.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Moonraker
scribeth thus
I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix
it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I
have difficulty on operating this particular shower. Now I remember
vaguely that there is a site "shower Doctor" or some such that was
strongly recommended. However when I Googled for it I find a number with
that or a similar name. Can anyone point me to the correct one please? I
intend to fix/replace it myself.

Excellent shower that one..had one for years and in the house before
this one. Spares can be had from Mira or showerspares on the net.

Can't remember the last time I had a problem it might have been to
change the brushes in the motor. And that might have been 8 to 10 years
ago now;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , tony sayer
scribeth thus
In article , Moonraker
scribeth thus
I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix
it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I
have difficulty on operating this particular shower. Now I remember
vaguely that there is a site "shower Doctor" or some such that was
strongly recommended. However when I Googled for it I find a number with
that or a similar name. Can anyone point me to the correct one please? I
intend to fix/replace it myself.

Excellent shower that one..had one for years and in the house before
this one. Spares can be had from Mira or showerspares on the net.

Can't remember the last time I had a problem it might have been to
change the brushes in the motor. And that might have been 8 to 10 years
ago now;!...

Whoops!, Sorry mistook that for the one which have which is the Mira
Event!!.

Never mind .. good range of showers and equipment anyway!....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2011 15:30, Moonraker wrote:
I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix
it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I
have difficulty on operating this particular shower. Now I remember
vaguely that there is a site "shower Doctor" or some such that was
strongly recommended. However when I Googled for it I find a number with
that or a similar name. Can anyone point me to the correct one please? I
intend to fix/replace it myself.

I'm a fan of Mira myself owing to the quality and excellent availability
of spare bits if you do need them.

FWIW I fitted a new Mira some months ago and as they aren't cheap, I
extensively researched prices online first. I found one supplier,
www.tapsuk.com, whose prices for Mira kit were massively better than any
other I could come up with. Despite never having heard of them before,
and not being able to find any background info on them online, I went
against my normal better judgement and went ahead with the purchase.
Shower valve duly arrived shortly; can't fault the company at all and
would certainly reccomend them

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/09/2011 22:31, tony sayer wrote:
In , tony sayer
scribeth thus
In ,
scribeth thus
[...]

You are correct Tony, the only problem is the shower is turned on by a
knob rather than a lever, which I now find difficult to operate. Thanks
for the Web Site SS, I have contacted them and had a very quick reply.
Now I have to sort out if I can fix their recommendation without leaving
an ugly hole in the wall. For any Potters reading this, no there will be
no oat cakes available if there is (a hole in the wall that is)! :-))
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Moonraker wrote:
I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix
it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I
have difficulty on operating this particular shower

If you have difficulty with the controls, are you aware they sell lever
kits to replace the dial/knob?

e.g.

http://www.mirashowers-store.co.uk/products/mira-excel-extended-lever-set-%281990-96%29.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2011 08:54, Andy Burns wrote:
Moonraker wrote:
I am having trouble with my Mira Excel shower and need to replace or fix
it. My preference is replacement as I am old Father Time, I am old: so I
have difficulty on operating this particular shower

If you have difficulty with the controls, are you aware they sell lever
kits to replace the dial/knob?

e.g.

http://www.mirashowers-store.co.uk/products/mira-excel-extended-lever-set-%281990-96%29.aspx

sounds good but sadly mine was installed in 2000, also I have a problem
with it indicates so it looks as though I need a new controller anyway.

Shower problems [email protected] UK diy 17 February 11th 07 01:09 PM
Shower problems sp628 Home Repair 1 September 22nd 06 03:25 AM
Shower Problems Terry UK diy 3 May 17th 06 09:39 PM
shower problems Dr DIY UK diy 1 May 7th 06 10:11 AM
Shower problems steph Home Repair 2 October 21st 05 12:40 PM