Posted to uk.d-i-y
GOG GOG is offline

Default An Interesting Estimate?

"Geo" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:12:42 +0100, "gordon grant"
wrote:

Drain down and remove existing cold water tank. (Tank distorted)

Out of interest - what is wrong with the tank?

The tank, shaped rather like a bathtub, originally had cross bars holding
the two long sides together near the top. About 20 years ago, wrongly
believing that the tank had frozen oven (it was very early in the morning
and I had to get to work, I used a broom stick, to try to clear it by
stirring it. Of course, it was not frozen over, as I soon discovered.
Anyway, much more recently I discovered that I had, at that time, knocked
the stress bars out of their mountings in the inner side of the tank. So
the tank has been slowly bulging outwards, so that the top rim is no longer
'flat', to say the least. It has been opined that putting it back into
shape is probably impossible. With 50 gals of water up there, one is
reluctant to employ 10 strong men to attempt to put is back into shape, in
case it splits. Since the top rim is not 'flat' and it never had a cover
anyway, apart from some black plastic, I don't know what to do about it,
apart from replacing it. Besides, it would not have, or will be if
reshaped, in accord with current regs. So - am I stuck?

Cheers, GOG.

LOL, had forgotten about making sure about the nonsense email address :-(

An Interesting Estimate? Andy Champ[_2_] UK diy 0 June 28th 11 08:30 PM
An Interesting Estimate? Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 2 June 26th 11 02:22 PM
VAT on Estimate John UK diy 16 June 24th 10 10:09 AM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 11 November 16th 07 06:31 PM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 0 November 8th 07 10:11 PM