Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Foaming bath cavity

Just taken delivery of the new bath tub, and a Geberit waste/filler for
it. Instructions are mostly in picturese (which I don't speak,
prefering English, German, French, Spanish or Japanese), I shall be
asking them for some proper instructions or they can have it back.

One panel right at the end of the instructions actually has some Englis
in it, saying:

"When foaming the cavity, the two mechanism housings need to be sealed
with self adhesive tape." - picture shows the the cavity under the
bath in dark grey.

Ok, I understand that we don't want polyisocyanate foam in the
mechanisms, but I have never heard of anyone 'foaming the cavity' under
a bath before. Is it one of these new Part Z stupidities, or do people
really do it?

R.