Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OMG- repointing dilemma?

Tabby wrote:

That's an entirely separate issue. Shallow foundations and lack of
expansion joints do result in movement in old buildings. Changing over
to cement mortar changes this from a harmlses process into one that
causes structural damage.

Unfortunately it is widespread practice, hence the numerous cases of
damage to walls later, and hence SPAB seeing the need to publish on
the subject.

NT

What did I say in my OP...
snip
I'm aware this could rekindle a previous debate and hope to avoid that
because whilst the 'jury is still out' these jobs will keep coming up
/snip

--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 13, 6:00*pm, Tabby wrote:
Why avoid the one relevant issue when its so simple to get informed.http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SPA...r&ie=utf-8&oe=...
orhttp://tinyurl.com/5vz85yq

NT

I did see that site before posting but must admit, was put off a bit
by the Ancient Buildings part of SPAB.
Upon returning, it is good sound information and comes with a stamp so
perhaps I should have studied it longer.

BTW: thanks to your double link above, I have just discovered
TinyURL... how good is that have seen it referenced before but only
decided to follow it up when both your links went to the same google
search, so thanks for that... could have saved me loads of aggro in
the past

OMG- repointing dilemma? deano UK diy 27 June 13th 11 01:13 PM
Repointing The Medway Handyman UK diy 11 June 24th 07 11:59 AM
More on repointing . . . Ray Home Repair 4 June 24th 06 08:52 PM
Repointing? ? ? Ray Home Repair 7 June 24th 06 04:48 AM
repointing therebel UK diy 0 February 27th 04 08:27 PM