Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do I evict the squirrel?

On Jun 12, 12:44*pm, Dean Heighington
wrote:
He's been living in the loft space of my workshop's pitched roof for about
2 years and has made a nest and chomped his way through about a metre of
lighting circuit insulation leaving 3 bare cores right where his nest is-
quite amazing really- the RCD saved his life

Apart from that he's not been too much trouble - so far!

He got in through the open soffits which I have now covered on one side and
am about to do the other, but I'm slightly reluctant to turf him out, not
really sure why, I'm not a bunny hugger, but...

Is this not a good time of year to do it? Will he be able to relocate?
Should I check to see if he has a family first?

****! I do sound like a bunny hugger!
Is there a housing association for squirrels?
Oh Christ, should I just shoot the bugger...

Deano

best of both worlds option: fit a kennel/box made from somthing hard
like fibre cement.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2011 16:22, Tabby wrote:
On Jun 12, 12:44 pm, Dean
wrote:
[...]

Make a larger hamster wheel, a "squirel cage" in fact, and encorage the
blighter to run. Apparenty (according to the Wikipedia page for the
'Hamster Wheel) rodents will do this naturally, "hamsters are highly
motivated to run in wheels; it is not uncommon to record distances of 9
km (6 miles) being run in one night. Other 24-h records include 43 km
(26 miles) for rats, 31 km (18.5 miles) for wild mice, 19 km (11.5
miles) for lemmings, 16 km (9.5 miles) for laboratory mice, and 8 km (5
miles) for gerbils."

Connect the shaft to a generator and there's some electricity generated.
You may be able to apply to the government for some crazy grant to do
this, and turn your back garden into a farm of generating hamster wheels
all running 24/7.

There, I've solved the energy crisis. We simply feed rodents our rubbish
and we get back nice clean electricity....

:-)

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
He's been living in the loft space of my workshop's pitched roof for about
2 years and has made a nest and chomped his way through about a metre of
lighting circuit insulation leaving 3 bare cores right where his nest is-
quite amazing really- the RCD saved his life

Make a larger hamster wheel, a "squirel cage" in fact, and encorage the
blighter to run.

Connect the shaft to a generator and there's some electricity generated.
You may be able to apply to the government for some crazy grant to do
this, and turn your back garden into a farm of generating hamster wheels
all running 24/7.

There, I've solved the energy crisis. We simply feed rodents our rubbish
and we get back nice clean electricity....

A Nutty Idea.

G.Harman

Do I evict the squirrel? Robin UK diy 3 June 12th 11 06:22 PM
Do I evict the squirrel? Invisible Man[_2_] UK diy 0 June 12th 11 01:43 PM
HOA to evict 6-year old HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 152 January 3rd 10 09:46 PM
Rat, Mouse or Squirrel? frank1492 Home Repair 9 March 27th 08 02:30 AM
Squirrel abatement [email protected] Woodworking 7 March 26th 07 08:48 PM