Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy: Wall outlet for basin taps, G3/8 male

We have (after a small bank loan) bought this tap:
http://www.grohe.co.uk/lib/1/tpi/1424493.pdf

The flexible hose tails end in G3/8 (=3/8" BSP I think) female
fittings which should connect to a nice male chrome fitting on the
wall (with an isolator valve). You see this type of thing in Europe a
lot, but not in the UK.

Does anyone know where I can buy them in the UK. I don't seem to be
able to find them anywhere.

many thanks,

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 7, 5:17*pm, RobertL wrote:
We have (after a small bank loan) bought this tap:http://www.grohe.co.uk/lib/1/tpi/1424493.pdf

The flexible hose tails end in G3/8 (=3/8" BSP I think) female
fittings which should *connect to a nice male chrome fitting on the
wall (with an isolator valve). *You see this type of thing in Europe a
lot, but not in the UK.

Does anyone know where I can buy them in the UK. *I don't seem to be
able to find them anywhere.

many thanks,

Robert

How about this?

http://www.pipescenes.co.uk/Hansgroh...-13902000.html

Or you can use a 15x10 compression reducer since the 10mm side uses a
3/8 thread. It's not very decorative though, but works fine out of
sight.

dan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RobertL"

We have (after a small bank loan) bought this tap:
http://www.grohe.co.uk/lib/1/tpi/1424493.pdf

The flexible hose tails end in G3/8 (=3/8" BSP I think) female
fittings which should connect to a nice male chrome fitting on the
wall (with an isolator valve). You see this type of thing in Europe a
lot, but not in the UK.

Does anyone know where I can buy them in the UK. I don't seem to be
able to find them anywhere.

many thanks,

Robert

I fitted a similar Hansgrohe tap and found a brass fitting at the plumbers
merchants 15mm compression - to - 3/8" male BSP..
With an isolating service valve directly upstream this works well.
Whether the aesthetics will work in your situation is another thing

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

thanks for the suggestions folks.

The nut on the tail does not seem to be the same as the one on a 10mm
compression fitting. It's someway in between the nut son 10mm and
15mm compression fittings. Perhaps it's not actually a 3/8 thread
despite what is says in the literature with the tap.

A 15mm-3/8BSP converter shuld be OK as Phil suggest but I really want
a nice decorative chrome one with a valve.

This looks like what I want, with a small tap head fro isloation, but
I need to check that the female thread really is 3/8.

http://www.ukbathroomstore.co.uk/vad...-p-149198.html

thanks,

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 10, 8:45*am, RobertL wrote:
thanks for the suggestions folks.

The nut on the tail does not seem to be the same as the one on a *10mm
compression fitting. *It's someway in between the nut son 10mm and
15mm compression fittings. *Perhaps it's not actually a 3/8 thread
despite what is says in the literature with the tap.

The nuts on my Grohe taps are more decorative (slimmer and longer)
than the normal compression nut, but the internal threads are the same
(3/8).

dan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 10, 10:13*am, dent wrote:
On Jun 10, 8:45*am, RobertL wrote:

thanks for the suggestions folks.

The nut on the tail does not seem to be the same as the one on a *10mm
compression fitting. *It's someway in between the nut son 10mm and
15mm compression fittings. *Perhaps it's not actually a 3/8 thread
despite what is says in the literature with the tap.

The nuts on my Grohe taps are more decorative (slimmer and longer)
than the normal compression nut, but the internal threads are the same
(3/8).

I must check teh threads again because the Grohe nut thread is much
bigger than the threaded part of a 10mm compression fitting - perhaps
it's an 8mm fitting I am comparing with. I must measure these
properly.

At least I now know what to search for : "angle valve".

Robert

bath taps vs. basin taps Stephen[_12_] UK diy 10 January 12th 11 11:21 PM
where to buy basin taps david UK diy 6 December 31st 07 08:32 PM
Basin mixer taps [email protected] UK diy 8 December 2nd 07 06:58 AM
basin taps combo Arthur UK diy 12 July 15th 05 09:35 PM
Taps on basin keep moving John Stumbles UK diy 1 August 12th 03 08:42 AM