Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default Where to buy: Wall outlet for basin taps, G3/8 male

On Jun 10, 10:13*am, dent wrote:
On Jun 10, 8:45*am, RobertL wrote:

thanks for the suggestions folks.

The nut on the tail does not seem to be the same as the one on a *10mm
compression fitting. *It's someway in between the nut son 10mm and
15mm compression fittings. *Perhaps it's not actually a 3/8 thread
despite what is says in the literature with the tap.

The nuts on my Grohe taps are more decorative (slimmer and longer)
than the normal compression nut, but the internal threads are the same
(3/8).

I must check teh threads again because the Grohe nut thread is much
bigger than the threaded part of a 10mm compression fitting - perhaps
it's an 8mm fitting I am comparing with. I must measure these
properly.

At least I now know what to search for : "angle valve".

Robert