Posted to uk.d-i-y
km km is offline

Default Skimmed ceiling - another coat?

I have covered a bathroom ceiling which had been artexed. The covering
was successful but I have a fair number of uneven bumps.

Fatigue set in before I could rectify. I also had a problem with cramp
in my wrist which pulled my thumb across my palm so I could not
continue.

What to do now? Is it worth giving another thin skim over the surface?
Will I need to prime the old plaster or just apply straight on - there
is more or less a dried out surface now?

Or should I wait for it dry completely and do the dreaded sanding off
of the bumpy areas?

Thanks in advance.

km
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 6, 6:14*am, km wrote:
I have covered a bathroom ceiling which had been artexed. The covering
was successful but I have a fair number of uneven bumps.

Fatigue set in before I could rectify. I also had a problem with cramp
in my wrist which pulled my thumb across my palm so I could not
continue.

What to do now? Is it worth giving another thin skim over the surface?
Will I need to prime the old plaster or just apply straight on - there
is more or less a dried out surface now?

Or should I wait for it dry completely and do the dreaded sanding off
of the bumpy areas?

Thanks in advance.

km

Depends on the severity and extent of the problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
km km is offline

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 22:35:13 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Jun 6, 6:14*am, km wrote:
I have covered a bathroom ceiling which had been artexed. The covering
was successful but I have a fair number of uneven bumps.

Fatigue set in before I could rectify. I also had a problem with cramp
in my wrist which pulled my thumb across my palm so I could not
continue.

What to do now? Is it worth giving another thin skim over the surface?
Will I need to prime the old plaster or just apply straight on - there
is more or less a dried out surface now?

Or should I wait for it dry completely and do the dreaded sanding off
of the bumpy areas?

Thanks in advance.

km

Depends on the severity and extent of the problem.

Enough undulations to make it worth me asking for advice.

km