Posted to uk.d-i-y
km km is offline

Default Skimmed ceiling - another coat?

I have covered a bathroom ceiling which had been artexed. The covering
was successful but I have a fair number of uneven bumps.

Fatigue set in before I could rectify. I also had a problem with cramp
in my wrist which pulled my thumb across my palm so I could not
continue.

What to do now? Is it worth giving another thin skim over the surface?
Will I need to prime the old plaster or just apply straight on - there
is more or less a dried out surface now?

Or should I wait for it dry completely and do the dreaded sanding off
of the bumpy areas?

Thanks in advance.

km