Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can I set an auto start up for a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer?

Hi all,

I have a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer, used at times with my
desktop computer using XP Home.

I switch the printer on but keep forgetting to turn it off again!

Is there any way of adding a programme to automatically switch the printer
on when I want to print a document, then after a set time turn it off if not
used again.

A copier I used at work did do this.

Thanks,

Mick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message on Fri, 3 Jun 2011
14:38:27 +0100
Mick. wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer, used at times with my
desktop computer using XP Home.

I switch the printer on but keep forgetting to turn it off again!

Is there any way of adding a programme to automatically switch the printer
on when I want to print a document, then after a set time turn it off if not
used again.

I would expect there to be an option for it to go into a low power standby or
sleep mode.

It should then wake up when you next send it a print job. Read the manual. I
would expect this be a default setting normally, unless you (or a previous
owner) have turned it off.

A copier I used at work did do this.

Are you sure that it didn't just go to sleep?

If it was a shared resource, I don't think it would be very popular if it was
always switched off every time someone tried to print to it!

--

Terry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mick.
writes
Hi all,

I have a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer, used at times with my
desktop computer using XP Home.

I switch the printer on but keep forgetting to turn it off again!

Is there any way of adding a programme to automatically switch the printer
on when I want to print a document, then after a set time turn it off if not
used again.

It should drop into power save mode after a set time and will wake up
again when you start sending data to it again. Standby power is quoted
as less than 10W which is about as good as you're going to get.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2011 16:23, fred wrote:
In article , Mick.
writes
Hi all,

I have a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer, used at times with my
desktop computer using XP Home.

I switch the printer on but keep forgetting to turn it off again!

Is there any way of adding a programme to automatically switch the
printer
on when I want to print a document, then after a set time turn it off
if not
used again.

It should drop into power save mode after a set time and will wake up
again when you start sending data to it again. Standby power is quoted
as less than 10W which is about as good as you're going to get.

When I was looking at colour laser printers a few years ago, one of the
things I checked was standby power. I can't remember which printer it
was, just that it was a typical home use, networkable one, but I
remember being shocked by one having a standby power of 120W !

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Steve Walker
writes
On 03/06/2011 16:23, fred wrote:
[...]

phew Dell 1320C (4W) & OKI B410 (7W) in the office, I didn't check . .
..
--
fred