Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default Can I set an auto start up for a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer?

In message on Fri, 3 Jun 2011
14:38:27 +0100
Mick. wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer, used at times with my
desktop computer using XP Home.

I switch the printer on but keep forgetting to turn it off again!

Is there any way of adding a programme to automatically switch the printer
on when I want to print a document, then after a set time turn it off if not
used again.

I would expect there to be an option for it to go into a low power standby or
sleep mode.

It should then wake up when you next send it a print job. Read the manual. I
would expect this be a default setting normally, unless you (or a previous
owner) have turned it off.

A copier I used at work did do this.

Are you sure that it didn't just go to sleep?

If it was a shared resource, I don't think it would be very popular if it was
always switched off every time someone tried to print to it!

--

Terry