Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flood light fitting ?

Around the house I have used some of the reasonable quality IP66 items form
TLC ..

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/P...3/PWPFT500.JPG

These are great when mounted on high, bolted to a wall.

However I now have a need for some lights ... to be fitted to fascia board
on a single story garage ...
There is a standard PVC gutter on fascia, and what would be ideal is some
form of tube/arm/bracket so that I can fit bracket to fascia below gutter,
and have the light fitted a few inches above and just in front of gutter,

The fitting would need to come out vertically by 5.5" to clear gutter ...
thought of something like aerial hockey stick poles ..:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/P...ze_3/MX338.JPG

However that item is no good it would rust away quickly .... anybody know of
suitable floodlight (or fitting)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Rick Hughes
wrote

However that item is no good it would rust away quickly .... anybody
know of suitable floodlight (or fitting)

That item is made from 18 gauge aluminium so unlikely to rust.

Consider also a satellite mounting arm, aluminium or galvanised.
--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hammerite it?
--
Adam

it is also too thin a gauge (IMHO)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Rick Hughes
wrote

However that item is no good it would rust away quickly .... anybody know
of suitable floodlight (or fitting)

That item is made from 18 gauge aluminium so unlikely to rust.

Consider also a satellite mounting arm, aluminium or galvanised.
--

anywhere you recommend to look ? ... or I'll go Google