Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default where to get hold of this DeWalt mitre saw in UK?

Does someone know where I might get hold of the following mitre saw in
the UK:

DeWalt DW715 (12", compound mitre saw) UPC 028877505756.

Described some places as runnable across 110V and 230V; not sure
exactly what they mean by 15A motor. Is this the required input
current when used across 110V?

Thanks in advance!

Michael
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 1, 7:59*pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 01/06/2011 17:18, wrote:

Does someone know where I might get hold of the following mitre saw in
the UK:

DeWalt DW715 (12", compound mitre saw) UPC 028877505756.

Not sure if the 715 was ever a UK spec machine. The 716 is close, but
that can bevel in both directions.

http://www.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/p...s/catno/DW716/

(personally I would rather have a slider, than a chop saw)

Hi John and thanks for this. I'd be able to do without a slider or
double-bevel - the largest dimensions I'll be handling are no more
than 75mm x 120mm. The DeWalt 716 looks nice but is outside of what
I'd like to pay! I need one that can make compound mitre and bevel
cuts though.

Any advice, positive or negative, about the following models not bt
DeWalt?

- Makita MLS100 (10", compound, chop)
- Evolution RAGE255 (10", compound, slider)
- RAGE3DB (12", compound, slider, double-bevel)?

Also Wickes are offering some under their own label, apparently at
good prices, but I'm not sure who really manufactures them or whether
they are any good?

Thanks again!

Michael

DeWalt Mitre Saw Stuck NoManKey UK diy 6 July 1st 08 01:45 PM
DeWalt mitre saw offer [email protected] UK diy 10 July 21st 07 09:42 AM
DeWalt 715 mitre saw. Robatoy Woodworking 6 June 14th 07 11:02 PM
FA: DeWalt Cordless Tools, DeWalt 8" Radial Arm Saw Marty Escarcega Woodworking 0 April 25th 06 10:50 AM
Mitre Saws - Dewalt or Makita? [email protected] Woodworking 13 April 1st 05 10:07 AM