Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble drier vent, can I.......?

Hi all,

I need to install a tumble drier vent for a relative. Kitchen has a upvc
back door with large half upvc/half glass side panel. Basically looks like
another door but doesn't open.

The bottom half of this has polystyrene (sp?) sandwiched between inner and
outer skins. Any reason why I can't fit a vent through this panel?

TIA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 30, 9:52 pm, "Him & Her" wrote:
Hi all,

I need to install a tumble drier vent for a relative. Kitchen has a upvc
back door with large half upvc/half glass side panel. Basically looks like
another door but doesn't open.

The bottom half of this has polystyrene (sp?) sandwiched between inner and
outer skins. Any reason why I can't fit a vent through this panel?

TIA.

be prepared - some panels have a metal "security" layer too (as i
found out fitting a feckin cat flap to a upvc door...

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I need to install a tumble drier vent for a relative. Kitchen has a upvc
back door with large half upvc/half glass side panel. Basically looks
like
another door but doesn't open.

The bottom half of this has polystyrene (sp?) sandwiched between inner
and
outer skins. Any reason why I can't fit a vent through this panel?

TIA.

be prepared - some panels have a metal "security" layer too (as i
found out fitting a feckin cat flap to a upvc door...

i found that too when fitting a cat flap, but the metal wasnt too thick, and
the jigsaw cut thru the lot with just one blade change...snapped when trying
to go round too tight a corner,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 30, 10:41 pm, "Gazz" wrote:
I need to install a tumble drier vent for a relative. Kitchen has a upvc
back door with large half upvc/half glass side panel. Basically looks
like
another door but doesn't open.

The bottom half of this has polystyrene (sp?) sandwiched between inner
and
outer skins. Any reason why I can't fit a vent through this panel?

TIA.

be prepared - some panels have a metal "security" layer too (as i
found out fitting a feckin cat flap to a upvc door...

i found that too when fitting a cat flap, but the metal wasnt too thick, and
the jigsaw cut thru the lot with just one blade change...snapped when trying
to go round too tight a corner,

yep with the right blade = piece of **** (as long as you have one in
your toolbox ;)

Jim K

Gas Tumble Drier Ericp UK diy 8 October 25th 10 04:16 PM
Leaky Tumble Drier Endulini UK diy 2 September 26th 10 12:32 PM
Which tumble drier...? Lobster UK diy 49 July 7th 06 03:26 AM
Venting my tumble drier Grahammazy UK diy 7 January 14th 05 02:58 PM
Tumble Drier in Bathroom Fredrick Skoog UK diy 6 January 10th 04 01:29 PM