Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-assembling water pump

We use a water pump to distribute water from a tank around the garden
It got burst by the severe frost we had last Jan. I now have
replacement parts and having disassembled the pump am about to re-
assemble it. There are 'O' rings and seals where the shaft of the
electric motor connects to the pump part. Would I need to grease these
'O' rings, seals etc before re-assembly ?

Paul Mc Cann
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 28, 3:18*pm, fred wrote:
We use a water pump to distribute water from a tank around the garden
It got burst by the severe frost we had last Jan. I now have
replacement parts and having disassembled the pump am about to re-
assemble it. There are 'O' rings and seals where the shaft of the
electric motor connects to the pump part. Would I need to grease these
'O' rings, seals etc before re-assembly ?

Paul Mc Cann

The normal practice is to use a little washing up liquid on the O
rings in a water situation, they are sufficiently stretchy to wangle
on when new,.
I imagine the actual face seal is ceramic and water lubricated