Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Assembling formixa countertop

For some reaon, I bought a new countertop at HD or Lowes, in two
pieces (rather than order it precut).

I need some way to hold it in place while I glue the two main pieces
together. I thought I could do this on my lawn, but no place is
really flat. I can do it inside, but the backsplash is in the way if
it's upside down, and the fron molding in the way if it is right side
up. Any suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

mm wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:02:10 +0000,
(mfrencher) wrote:

mfrencher had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...op-399616-.htm

This is interesting. Some webpage, your webpage, is monitoring this
newsgroup, and in real time, too.

I posted something to to a Chrysler newsgoup in 2005, and when
googling the topic last month, I got 5 hits, all of them separate
webpages quoting me!

Chuckle. Yeah, that happens a lot to anyone that hangs out too much on
Usenet. We end up providing free content to webpage 'forums'. Too bad we
can't bill them for usurping intellectual property rights or something.
This is one reason lots of posters used to flag their posts 'do not
archive', but I'm not sure Google pays that any heed anymore, if they
ever did.

Try Googling your own name or 'respond to' address some time, if you
really want to get depressed about it.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 11, 4:18*pm, mm wrote:
For some reaon, I bought a new countertop at HD or Lowes, in two
pieces (rather than order it precut).

I need some way to hold it in place while I glue the two main pieces
together. *I thought I could do this on my lawn, but no place is
really flat. *I can do it inside, but the backsplash is in the way if
it's upside down, and the fron molding in the way if it is right side
up. * Any suggestions? *

After you put the two pieces of countertop together on top of the
leveled cabinets, in addition to gluing the two halves together, you
should put a couple of cleats almost touching each other on either
side of the joint and screw them to the bottom of the countertop, and
then screw them together after applying the glue. The cleats will
ensure the countertop stays together even if the glue dries out.