Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Assembling formixa countertop

On Oct 11, 4:18*pm, mm wrote:
For some reaon, I bought a new countertop at HD or Lowes, in two
pieces (rather than order it precut).

I need some way to hold it in place while I glue the two main pieces
together. *I thought I could do this on my lawn, but no place is
really flat. *I can do it inside, but the backsplash is in the way if
it's upside down, and the fron molding in the way if it is right side
up. * Any suggestions? *

After you put the two pieces of countertop together on top of the
leveled cabinets, in addition to gluing the two halves together, you
should put a couple of cleats almost touching each other on either
side of the joint and screw them to the bottom of the countertop, and
then screw them together after applying the glue. The cleats will
ensure the countertop stays together even if the glue dries out.