Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worktop edge strip ...

Anyone know of a good source for 'generic' edge strip for 40mm kitchen
worktop ? I need to do some long edges. A general glossy black would do, but
I'm having real trouble finding any. I did find one place on the 'net
offering 4m lengths of Duropal edge and I thought ha! - cracked it. But when
I read on, the buggers would only supply it, if you bought the worktop from
them as well ... I'm sure in the past, I have seen it in B&Q in a half dozen
different general 'wood' and black and white colours, but I don't seem to
find it on-line, and I haven't had the time to go to the nearest store and
fight my way through the zombies to have a look. Anyone seen it in there or
any of the other sheds lately ? :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/05/2011 01:46, Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone know of a good source for 'generic' edge strip for 40mm kitchen
worktop ? I need to do some long edges. A general glossy black would do,
but I'm having real trouble finding any. I did find one place on the
'net offering 4m lengths of Duropal edge and I thought ha! - cracked it.
But when I read on, the buggers would only supply it, if you bought the
worktop from them as well ... I'm sure in the past, I have seen it in
B&Q in a half dozen different general 'wood' and black and white
colours, but I don't seem to find it on-line, and I haven't had the time
to go to the nearest store and fight my way through the zombies to have
a look. Anyone seen it in there or any of the other sheds lately ? :-)

Arfa

I recently got a couple of metres of white 40mm formica-type edging from
a local firm that supplies worktops. I'm not sure that they sell it
officially, or that my 2 quid got properly accounted for!

Maybe a trawl round your local industrial estates would reveal a similar
place.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've bought it in-store at B&Q.

Have you got a local timber yard that also does laminate?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mike" wrote in message
I've bought it in-store at B&Q.

Have you got a local timber yard that also does laminate?

I guess I could try the yard who got in the actual worktop for me. Also, we
have a place that does high-end worktops and sheets of Formica to order, but
they tend to be a bit pricey from past dealings with them. Thanks for the
suggestion

Arfa

Fixing edging strip to worktop F UK diy 5 April 30th 07 11:09 PM
finishing strip for kitchen worktop Ian & Hilda Dedic UK diy 2 October 21st 05 12:13 AM
Mitre square edge worktop? Lee UK diy 4 August 23rd 05 03:02 PM
Worktop edging strip: fix before wallpapering? [email protected] UK diy 4 January 26th 05 03:57 PM
Worktop Edging Strip - where can I get it. Kevin UK diy 5 June 11th 04 09:45 AM