Ian & Hilda Dedic

Default finishing strip for kitchen worktop

Hi everyone,
I have this two part clip on sealant strip round the top of my kitchen
worktops which seals between the worktop and a tiled wall.

it is about 3cm wide laminate (wood patterned) and with flexible
chamfered edges so stuff can't get down behind it.

This has over time melted where it is near the hob and I'd like to
replace it, but can't find anything like it in the sheds or on the net
so far.

Has anyone ever seen this or do you have a neat suggestion to get round
the problem, Other than new worktops or a new kitchen which I am sure my
husband won't stump up for!

The gap is of course too wide to just get a moulding and silicone it in
place, and I don't see how any tile edging can be retro-fitted after the
tiles have been laid.

Please feel free to comment.

dedics

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0542-4, 20/10/2005
Tested on: 20/10/2005 19:01:44

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ian & Hilda Dedic wrote:
[...]

The sheds will have Quadrant beading in 2 or 3 different widths look for a
rack of wood beading.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Ian & Hilda Dedic

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Ian & Hilda Dedic wrote:

[...]

Tested on: 20/10/2005 23:59:07

Thanks for your reply,

yes, I know this, but I already have the clip fixing on the worktop in
place, I would like to replace the strip which has a groove running
along the centre of the strip which clips onto the fixing which is
already there.

The beading available in the sheds is not wide enough to cover the gap
and I have doubts about the hygiene aspects of extruded wood products
in a kitchen environment where crud and grease can be liberally applied
and not effectively cleaned off. (I'm not a neat freak or anything but
It'd have to be sealed with something so that when the worktop was
cleaned it didn't all soak into the beading.)

Basically if I can't get something the right size, I have a gap between
the bottom of the tiled splashback and the worktop.

It's actually concave quadrant (is that scotia?) I'm after.

The only thing I've see has been some flooring two part edging, but that
obviously is made to lie horizontal on the flooring to cover the
expansion gap up. The stuff I was looking for does the gap covering in
both vertical and horizontal directions and has nice flatly chamfered
edges so that it's easy to clean.

I just thought that someone might know of a kitchen company that used
such stuff, or had a clever way of achieving this. The company that did
the kitchen is long gone so I have no idea where to look next.

Any ideas?

dedics

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0542-4, 20/10/2005
Tested on: 21/10/2005 00:13:46

Update: The worktop jig dilema Mike Dodd UK diy 6 September 12th 05 05:55 PM
Looking for stainless steel 'T' section strip trim to place between kitchen worktop sections. Peter UK diy 6 August 24th 05 04:52 PM
Worktop edging strip: fix before wallpapering? [email protected] UK diy 4 January 26th 05 03:57 PM
Kitchen worktop finishing Larty UK diy 8 November 26th 04 01:01 PM
Worktop Edging Strip - where can I get it. Kevin UK diy 5 June 11th 04 09:45 AM