Larty

Default Kitchen worktop finishing

I've now got a new laminate kitchen worktop installed and need to glue
laminate onto the ends of the worktop where it has been sawn off and
the core is exposed.

Can anyone tell me what sort of glue to use?

Thanks,
larty.
John Rumm

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

well and truely stuck on, I sand down the edge to be level
with the worktop, but you have to be careful not to go too
far and take the surface off the worktop itself.

A laminate triming bit in a router will do the job with less risk of
damaging the worktops surface.

--
Cheers,

John.

rrh

I remember my father actually laminating whole worktops
around 1970 with large sheets of formica and gallons of
Evostick. We were proabaly all high for days afterwards...

And so you should have been - in 1970.

I've now got a new laminate kitchen worktop installed and need to glue
laminate onto the ends of the worktop where it has been sawn off and
the core is exposed.

Can anyone tell me what sort of glue to use?

Evo-stik. Apply to both surfaces, attach, leave to dry and trim to
size with a sharp stanley knife\wood chisel and finish off with a fine
metal file
--

yeah, thats what I did - but I found I could see the adhesive layer between
the trim and worktop after filing down (perhaps it was due to old glue that

Malcolm Race

Larty wrote:
I've now got a new laminate kitchen worktop installed and need to glue
laminate onto the ends of the worktop where it has been sawn off and
the core is exposed.

Can anyone tell me what sort of glue to use?

Thanks,
larty.

Contact Adhesive - e.g.Evostik. Use a belt sander or orbital sander to
get a smooth surface. Coat both surfaces and allow to almost dry.
Offer up strip & stick - you only get one chance. It is best to try to
get the bottom of the strip to line up with the bottom of the worktop.
use the SIDE of a wood chisel to shear the laminate against the edge of
the worktop & finish with a surfoam tool at an angle to the worktop.

Malcolm