Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Loft debris

With the summer approaching, I made an exploratory trip into the last
great untamed wilderness over the weekend: the loft. The previous
owners obviously decided they could live without their Hostess Heated
Side Server ( http://www.google.co.uk/images?en&q=...ed+side+server
), a bowel X-ray and a signed photograph of Dennis Waterman. But
apart from these, there's a lot of what appears to be mortar fillets
scattered over the fibreglass:

http://img14.imageshack.us/g/debris1h.jpg/

The house is 1930s, and I'm pretty sure it's been re-roofed, so I'm
guessing this is mortar that was discarded when the old ridge tiles
were removed. Is this the most likely source? There seems to be an
awful lot of it for a few metres of ridge.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 03:17:55 -0700 (PDT), mike wrote:

The house is 1930s, and I'm pretty sure it's been re-roofed, so I'm
guessing this is mortar that was discarded when the old ridge tiles
were removed. Is this the most likely source? There seems to be an
awful lot of it for a few metres of ridge.

More likely that the underside of the tiles where mortored instead of
using sarking felt.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 18, 11:48*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

More likely that the underside of the tiles where mortored instead of
using sarking felt.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise that happened.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 18, 1:19*pm, Tabby wrote:

'Torching'

Thanks. Googled that and found some interesting stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 03:17:55 -0700 (PDT), a certain
chimpanzee, mike , randomly hit the keyboard and
wrote:

a bowel X-ray and a signed photograph of Dennis Waterman.

I would much rather have seen the signed photograph of Dennis
Waterman.

A signed X-ray of Dennis Waterman's bowel - now that'd be worth
something!
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?

composting gutter debris Kyle Home Repair 2 November 23rd 09 03:35 AM
Debris in tap water... help needed None UK diy 56 June 25th 09 10:21 PM
Debris Chute MB Home Repair 7 December 27th 05 06:08 PM
On Topic: Frying Debris Patrick Conroy Woodworking 1 June 22nd 05 09:51 PM
hot water heater debris iradi8 Home Repair 6 January 24th 05 03:07 PM