Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Read the instructions!

Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message ...
Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Please RTFM otherwise you might think they made you able to leap tall buildings in a single bound etc.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 30, 11:39*pm, "Graham." wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in ...

Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Please RTFM otherwise you might think they made you able to leap tall buildings in a single bound etc.

3. Do not use to strangle people. If we didn't say that we'd be
liable.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:12:31 -0700, Tabby wrote:

On Mar 30, 11:39Â*pm, "Graham." wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Please RTFM otherwise you might think they made you able to leap tall
buildings in a single bound etc.

3. Do not use to strangle people. If we didn't say that we'd be liable.

4. Hold glove with palm facing you. If thumb area appears on the right
hand side, place glove on RIGHT hand, otherwise place glove on LEFT hand.
Do this by inserting hand through large hole in base. Pull on tightly,
ensuring that only one finger goes into each sleeve of fabric.
5. Repeat for other glove.
6. Double check that gloves are fitted to correct hands, and that both
gloves are secure, with hand completely inserted. If glove is a loose
fit, purchase gloves in smaller size.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 31, 12:55*am, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:12:31 -0700, Tabby wrote:
On Mar 30, 11:39*pm, "Graham." wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Please RTFM otherwise you might think they made you able to leap tall
buildings in a single bound etc.

3. Do not use to strangle people. If we didn't say that we'd be liable.

4. Hold glove with palm facing you. If thumb area appears on the right
hand side, place glove on RIGHT hand, otherwise place glove on LEFT hand.
Do this by inserting hand through large hole in base. Pull on tightly,
ensuring that only one finger goes into each sleeve of fabric.

lol

5. Repeat for other glove.

yabbut now I've got 2 gloves with their thumbs pointing the same
way

6. Double check that gloves are fitted to correct hands, and that both
gloves are secure, with hand completely inserted. If glove is a loose
fit, purchase gloves in smaller size.

Do not use gloves as condoms. You indemnify us from all claims for
child support.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

4. Hold glove with palm facing you. If thumb area appears on the right
hand side, place glove on RIGHT hand, otherwise place glove on LEFT hand.
Do this by inserting hand through large hole in base. Pull on tightly,
ensuring that only one finger goes into each sleeve of fabric.

Righto. I managed to identify which was the palm side of the glove, but
for the next edition of the instructions please ensure some guidance is
given in this area - not every customer is as clever as I am.

OK, so I held the glove with the palm facing me and the thumb area was on
the right. I placed the glove on my right hand, but the fingers were
all in the wrong place.

Grr. Your stupid instruction caused me to attempt to put the left glove on
my right hand.

Why don't instruction writers think before they write? You omitted to say
that, while holding the glove with the palm facing me, the glove's fingers
(especially the two next the thumb) had to be pointing up.

Mind you, one good thing about this instruction is that it works even for
people who get left and right the wrong way round.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
writes

6. Double check that gloves are fitted to correct hands, and that both
gloves are secure, with hand completely inserted. If glove is a loose
fit, purchase gloves in smaller size.

7. If in doubt about your competence to install this product, consult a
qualified professional.

--
Mike Tomlinson
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message ...
In article , Bob Eager
writes

6. Double check that gloves are fitted to correct hands, and that both
gloves are secure, with hand completely inserted. If glove is a loose
fit, purchase gloves in smaller size.

7. If in doubt about your competence to install this product, consult a
qualified professional.

--
Mike Tomlinson

I've thought of one for a safety helmet: No user serviceable parts inside.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

I've just bought a pair of basin taps. Each consisted of a tap, soft plastic
washer, and plastic nut, yet there was a whole page of instructions, which
were anyway wrong! (The said put the washer under the basin, rather than on
top between tap and basin...)

--
Bartc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 30, 11:28*pm, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

When I bought a washing machine some years ago, the chaps who dumped
it on my kitchen floor said "Remove the red travel bar" and left. I
spent about an hour going through the instructions, disappearing off
at intervals to find a new size spanner and wondering all the time how
the average non-DIYer was expected to cope. Proud of myself, I turned
over the final page and read: "Phone xxxxxx for free installation."

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:28:09 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Did they advise you to wear googles while using the product too?

--
John Stumbles

What is a simile like?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31 Mar 2011 09:48:00 GMT, John Stumbles wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:28:09 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Did they advise you to wear googles while using the product too?

Huh! On a packet of sheets of sandpaper there was something about unplugging
from the mains - I really wanted portable sandpaper ;-(
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Most instructions for power tools these days come with pages and pages of
generic safety and disposal instructions - with the actual wanted bit a
few lines. Often not well written.

--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Most instructions for power tools these days come with pages and pages of
generic safety and disposal instructions - with the actual wanted bit a
few lines. Often not well written.

That's my pet rant too. Very often the actual usage instructions are
so brief that it's not safe to use the tool because you don't know how.

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Presumably the instructions would give you their BS EN388: 2003 test
ratings.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:

Recently bought a product from SF with the DeWalt brand name.

Affixed to said product was a label encouraging me to 'read the
instructions'.

The product was a pair of rigger gloves :-)

Presumably the instructions would give you their BS EN388: 2003 test
ratings.

Are talking about test ratings for the gloves or for the instructions?