Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WIRING: Is this inherently correct?

Hi,
I'm rewiring at the moment and have come across this system of wiring
up two lights, the first with one-way switching and the second with
two-way switching:

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...es/circuit.jpg

Hopefully you can make out how it works from the circuit diagram!

Essentially the one-way light is fed from three core and earth, with
the third core used as the switched live for the second (two-way)
light. The Live for both lights is shared at the twin switch, by means
of a "jumper cable" whic I hope is clear in the picture. I *think* it
was done this way to save disturbing decoration as it would have
impossible to squeeze 2 twin and earths and 1 three core and earth
down to the twin switch, in the usual fashion. As you can see, the
system illustrated relies on just 2 three core and earths to the twin
switch instead.

My causes for concern a
A: One three core and earth cable is acting as the switched live for
two DIFFERENT luminaires.
B: The switched live for Light A is joined together with a crimp
connector within the ceiling rose for Light B.

Is this setup perfectly acceptable? If so, I will simply ignore,
otherwise I will cut out a new chase to accommodate the more standard
switching practice.

Thanks in advance

Luke

Are the new crop of Li-ion battery tools inherently dangerous? dg UK diy 89 September 20th 06 12:13 AM
Correct curcuit? coustanis Home Repair 5 May 3rd 06 06:18 PM
AFCI tripping but outlet has correct wiring scbody Home Repair 8 January 11th 06 02:32 PM
correct brads Neil UK diy 6 November 18th 05 08:23 AM
Correct sizing of a/c? Walter R. Home Repair 7 July 26th 05 01:51 PM