Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Integrated Electric Oven Wiring Diagram

Hi

I have been asked to look at an integrated double oven where someone has
tried to replace the thermostat on the main oven

I have not seen the oven yet

Having taken off several wires without marking them they have tried to put
them back and neither of the ovens now work

The oven is a Diplomat APL4426

Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for this or how I might work
out the connections otherwise

I have also posted on the free.uk appliance repair site but it does not look
very active

Regards

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 23, 6:26*pm, "TMC" wrote:
Hi

I have been asked to look at an integrated double oven where someone has
tried to replace the thermostat on the main oven

I have not seen the oven yet

Having taken off several wires without marking them they have tried to put
them back and neither of the ovens now work

The oven is a Diplomat APL4426

Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for this or how I might work
out the connections otherwise

I have also posted on the free.uk appliance repair site but it does not look
very active

Regards

Tony

Just map it with a multimeter, they're only simple circuits.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 23, 11:13*pm, Tabby wrote:
On Mar 23, 6:26*pm, "TMC" wrote:

Hi

I have been asked to look at an integrated double oven where someone has
tried to replace the thermostat on the main oven

I have not seen the oven yet

Having taken off several wires without marking them they have tried to put
them back and neither of the ovens now work

The oven is a Diplomat APL4426

Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for this or how I might work
out the connections otherwise

I have also posted on the free.uk appliance repair site but it does not look
very active

Regards

Tony

Just map it with a multimeter, they're only simple circuits.

NT

Well that may be true but I was thrown by the wiring configuration of
an AEG oven. It started to trip the RCD when switched from OFF to its
first position OVEN LIGHT. So it's the oven light - or at least the
wiring or the holder. But no, disconnected both completely and the
trip still occurred. For some odd reason it was wired in such a
manner that in this position 1 of the selector switch the neutral was
fed to the oven fan - it was effective in detecting the fault to
ground via the RCD before line was applied in Position 4, but it was
not what one would expect.

Rob