Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jb Jb is offline

Default Worktop jigs

Due to over confidence and not a little stupidity I have made a maess of
cutting the joint in my worktop. If that were not enough I lifted the router
before it stopped and made a right mess of the jig.
My question is this are all jigs standard? ref, the curve radius? I have
ordered a new top but cannot remember where I bought the jig so can't order
the exact same model. Tried to repair the jig with filler but it's not
really been sucessful.

Thanks

Brew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 11, 6:06*pm, "Jb" wrote:
Due to over confidence and not a little stupidity I have made a maess of
cutting the joint in my worktop. If that were not enough I lifted the router
before it stopped and made a right mess of the jig.
My question is this are all jigs standard? ref, the curve radius? I have
ordered a new top but cannot remember where I bought the jig so can't order
the exact same model. Tried to repair the jig with filler but it's not
really been sucessful.

Thanks

Brew

Buy a quality jig (e.g. Trend) and flog it on Ebay afterwards. Cheaper
than hiring.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jb Jb is offline

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Mar 11, 6:06 pm, "Jb" wrote:
Due to over confidence and not a little stupidity I have made a maess of
cutting the joint in my worktop. If that were not enough I lifted the
router
before it stopped and made a right mess of the jig.
My question is this are all jigs standard? ref, the curve radius? I have
ordered a new top but cannot remember where I bought the jig so can't
order
the exact same model. Tried to repair the jig with filler but it's not
really been sucessful.

Thanks

Brew

Buy a quality jig (e.g. Trend) and flog it on Ebay afterwards. Cheaper
than hiring.

MBQ

Good advice but too late I'm afaraid. I have one joint completed and the
female half cut for the second. If the jigs are not standard I'm in
trouble -£450 worth of trouble.

Brew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jb" wrote in message
Due to over confidence and not a little stupidity I have made a maess of
cutting the joint in my worktop. If that were not enough I lifted the
router before it stopped and made a right mess of the jig.
My question is this are all jigs standard? ref, the curve radius? I have
ordered a new top but cannot remember where I bought the jig so can't
order the exact same model. Tried to repair the jig with filler but it's
not really been sucessful.

Thanks

Brew

Sorry to hear of your dilemma.
By judicious use of maths, geometry and some ingenuity could you not make
something to finish the job?
HTH
Nick.

Jigs TDDriver Woodworking 3 July 3rd 09 04:34 PM
Worktop mason's mitre jigs NoSpam UK diy 5 January 16th 07 11:09 PM
Worktop jigs and radii Ben Blaukopf UK diy 6 February 15th 05 06:14 PM
Kitchen worktop jigs dave UK diy 4 October 4th 04 04:52 PM
Routers & Worktop Jigs OldScrawn UK diy 13 January 12th 04 09:30 AM