Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default More fun with power generation.

Spurred by random comments in here, I have decided to build a better
'grid monitoring' panel

Results so far are very alpha, but I hope to extend this and mrtg it for
graphs over time as well.

See http://www.tempest.templar.co.uk/router/grid.php

If anyone knows where to suck raw WINDPOWER data off the net somewhere,
please tell.

If anyone wants to do the same, the thing is designed to run on a linux
server, and the core bit is a C curl program that sucks and parses data
off the national grid website.

That's invoked by the server snmpd as an extension, so I can then run
mrtg on it as well.

The web page is php calling snmpget to pull the live data off the remote
website and then prettified with some custom dials.

and set to refresh every two minutes.

Beware, the site is down for maintenance tomorrow..(Fri 11th)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

Fascinating! I wonder how easy it would be to make the meter needles
change colour to show if the trend is up or down for any particular
parameter??

Just a thought - no idea of what work it would involve.

Bob