Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Swiss electric motor - colour codes?

I've won a totally dismantled electric motor off an bandsaw.

It's single phase, probably about 1.5kw, and has motor wires on it
which say switzerland. Been declared BER by the electrical repair
company because the bearings are shot and the brake coil is burnt out.

I'm not concerned about the brake and I'm sure a set of bearings won't
break (got to be careful about the spelling there!) the bank. The
connector box lid has the connection info, but I'm having difficulty
there - I can do 'bl' as blau, 'rt' is rot, 'ws' as weiss,(which seem
to tally with the windings connections) on the motor side of the
connector block, but what is 'sw' (green wire !) and 'bn'? Plus 'br'
appears twice but there are no brown wires! And then there is 2 off
'CB', one is connected to Line and the other to Z2, one end of the
starter coil (Z1 is to neutral).

The other headache is that there are two much lighter wires which are
white and appear to have near zero resistance and disappear into the
motor coils.

Any help guys ? Many thanks

Rob