Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B+Q product line

Struggling though the box of paper in preparation for submitting my
accounts I came across a receipt slip from B+Q .

My accountants like expenditure to be categorised and I am totally
mystified as to what this item might be.

So, at the risk of being embarrassed, what is a *mendi flush*? Cost
£20.98.

Sink plunger? I tried their search box with no luck. Any other ideas?

regards
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Struggling though the box of paper in preparation for submitting my
accounts I came across a receipt slip from B+Q .

My accountants like expenditure to be categorised and I am totally
mystified as to what this item might be.

So, at the risk of being embarrassed, what is a *mendi flush*? Cost
£20.98.

Sink plunger? I tried their search box with no luck. Any other ideas?

Google "mendi flush" (with quotes) comes up with a light fitting..
http://home-and-garden.become.co.uk/...fitting-54718-
acid-60w--compare-prices--sc320050977
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:50:22 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Struggling though the box of paper in preparation for submitting my
accounts I came across a receipt slip from B+Q .

T minus four days and counting... Mines been done, the other half is
getting a head ache as I type. B-)

My accountants like expenditure to be categorised and I am totally
mystified as to what this item might be.

To what level? "Parts" would seem to be adequate to me. The less
detail accountants and particularly tax men have the better IMHO.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Adrian
writes
Tim Lamb gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Struggling though the box of paper in preparation for submitting my
accounts I came across a receipt slip from B+Q .

My accountants like expenditure to be categorised and I am totally
mystified as to what this item might be.

So, at the risk of being embarrassed, what is a *mendi flush*? Cost
£20.98.

Sink plunger? I tried their search box with no luck. Any other ideas?

Google "mendi flush" (with quotes) comes up with a light fitting..
http://home-and-garden.become.co.uk/...fitting-54718-
acid-60w--compare-prices--sc320050977

Ah! Thanks. I don't think that should go through my farm accounts:-(

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah! Thanks. I don't think that should go through my farm accounts:-(

regards

--
Tim Lamb- Hide quoted text -

Call it drain cleaner and no one will know or bother to check.
A colleague once returned from a foreign work trip. Putting in his
expense claim, there was a receipt for a few dollars that he couldn't
remember any details. It went in as "Contract Killing" and was paid in
full.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:50:22 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Struggling though the box of paper in preparation for submitting my
accounts I came across a receipt slip from B+Q .

T minus four days and counting... Mines been done, the other half is
getting a head ache as I type. B-)

That bit is done and I have paid my debts:-(

My accountants like expenditure to be categorised and I am totally
mystified as to what this item might be.

To what level? "Parts" would seem to be adequate to me. The less
detail accountants and particularly tax men have the better IMHO.

Umm.. Where they get picky is differentiating between repairs/renewals
and improvements. Totally different tax considerations!

Worst of all when the new office junior gets a rush of blood to the head
and start pulling out inappropriate VAT claims.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article -
september.org, says...
You are Dirk Gently and I claim my holiday in Barbados.

I shall ensure I take my towel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/01/2011 09:50, Tim Lamb wrote:
Struggling though the box of paper in preparation for submitting my
accounts I came across a receipt slip from B+Q .

My accountants like expenditure to be categorised and I am totally
mystified as to what this item might be.

So, at the risk of being embarrassed, what is a *mendi flush*? Cost £20.98.

I had exactly the same problem with mine.
Eg - "12MM NO LOSS" had me scratching my head for a while until I
realised it was a paintbrush! WTF can't they itemise properly like
Wickes, who happily trot out "Sashlock Euro Cylinder Satin Finish 64mm"
on their receipts...?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/01/2011 10:20, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Adrian
writes
Tim Lamb gurgled happily, sounding much
like
they were saying:

Struggling though the box of paper in preparation for submitting my
accounts I came across a receipt slip from B+Q .

My accountants like expenditure to be categorised and I am totally
mystified as to what this item might be.

So, at the risk of being embarrassed, what is a *mendi flush*? Cost
£20.98.

Sink plunger? I tried their search box with no luck. Any other ideas?

Google "mendi flush" (with quotes) comes up with a light fitting..
http://home-and-garden.become.co.uk/...fitting-54718-
acid-60w--compare-prices--sc320050977

Ah! Thanks. I don't think that should go through my farm accounts:-(

But if you didn't know what it was.............

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2011 11:49, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Got agree though that the above ought to be "Brush 12mm No Loss", I
suspect the erks entering stuff into the EPOS system haven't a clue
what any of the things actually are and have a contest to be cryptic.

Similar skill level to the ones who create the tags for searching the
website I suppose.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Huge wrote:

My turds are more amusing than the juvenile, derivative schoolboy toss that
Adams churned out.

I hope that you enjoy handling them as much as I do the books of Douglas
Adams.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2011 12:00, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:02:15 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

To what level? "Parts" would seem to be adequate to me. The less
detail accountants and particularly tax men have the better IMHO.

Umm.. Where they get picky is differentiating between repairs/renewals
and improvements. Totally different tax considerations!

Didn't think that affected anything other than VAT and that only on
new build rather than repairs/improvements.

This is for business assets. Replacing a damaged slate on an existing
roof is fully allowable, putting a slate on a new roof is subject to the
whims of the current tax regime and treated as capital investment. The
arguments usually start when the roof in question is being replaced with
something better.

TMH's new van will be subject to capital allowances (a % offset against
income each year) and written down to zero over a number of years. If he
chooses one with a CO2 emission below a certain threshold a larger
offset is allowed.

Oh no it won't! TMH leases his van. Much better from a tax point of
view :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2011 14:13, Mike Clarke wrote:
On 28/01/2011 11:49, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Got agree though that the above ought to be "Brush 12mm No Loss", I
suspect the erks entering stuff into the EPOS system haven't a clue
what any of the things actually are and have a contest to be cryptic.

Similar skill level to the ones who create the tags for searching the
website I suppose.

Pretty sure that was done by an infinite number of monkeys....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
[...]

Right. You must be honestly declaring a profit over costs, then:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:45:17 -0000, Skipweasel wrote:

Got agree though that the above ought to be "Brush 12mm No Loss",

suspect the erks entering stuff into the EPOS system haven't a

clue
what any of the things actually are and have a contest to be

cryptic.

I'd tend to suspect the opposite. They know exactly what it is, and fall
into the common trap of assuming that everyone else does.

Ah yes I can see that. They have the "thing" in front of them either
as a picture on screen or the physical object so only enter a
features that differentiates it from all the other same "things",
IYSWIM.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:02:19 -0000, Skipweasel wrote:

You are Dirk Gently and I claim my holiday in Barbados.

Bah - the film wasn't as good as the book.

Film or the recent TV adpatation?

Actually, that's not really fair - the thing on the telly was quite good
- just different.

I liked the TV thing, but it's so long ago that I read the book that
I can't remember the details. The TV thing didn't jog the memory
either so perhaps it is even more different. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2011 21:20, Owain wrote:

Not /quite/ infinite, I suspect

An infinite number of monkeys would result in an infinite number of
tags. The problem may be that they picked the wrong monkeys!

Andy