Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Victor product line differences

I am in the market for a new Victor O/A welding and cutting outfit and
I am having trouble understanding the different product lines. I only
need something low end for occasional cutting, etc. But they seem to
have several consumer-grade choices: Firepower, Advantage II,
Superrange II, and I believe that Radnor is a rebranding of Victor.
Can anyone tell me what is what? Victor's website is no help.

Thanks for your help,
Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rob wrote:
I am in the market for a new Victor O/A welding and cutting outfit and
I am having trouble understanding the different product lines. I only
need something low end for occasional cutting, etc. But they seem to
have several consumer-grade choices: Firepower, Advantage II,
Superrange II, and I believe that Radnor is a rebranding of Victor.
Can anyone tell me what is what? Victor's website is no help.

Thanks for your help,
Rob

Confusing, isn't it?

If it's Victor stuff, it says "Victor" on it.

If it says something "by Victor" it means it's an import company.

There are various welding & cutting outfits made by Victor itself. From the
Thermadyne/Victor Web site, the actual Victor line has now been positioned as
"Victor Professional" (marketing baloney, it's just Victor) and their bundles
are now titled Journeyman, Journeyman II, SuperRange, and Performer.

They appear to have two import lines, "Cutskill" and "Firepower". They used
to carry an import line called "Medalist" which you still often see.

Radnor is the name Airgas brands lots of things. You won't know if
it's real Victor or clone. Probably the latter.

GWE