Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Free Delivery on Orders Over £10

Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over £10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...ry&source=aw#1

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over £10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...ry&source=aw#1

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

They usually give you a promotion code to put in at the checkout for the
free delivery.
The delivery grid you linked to looks fine to me.

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 26, 9:10 am, "Steven Campbell" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in ...

Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over 10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...c=Campaign-_-E...

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

They usually give you a promotion code to put in at the checkout for the
free delivery.
The delivery grid you linked to looks fine to me.

except it has no mention of the "free del when spending a tenner"
bit....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over £10".
No doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...ry&source=aw#1

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

*^Terms & Conditions of Free Delivery when you spend £10*
Offer exclusively available online at www.screwfix.com (not available in
branches or on phone orders)
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
_The Free Delivery discount will not show at checkout or on your order
confirmation, but will appear on your invoice. _
This offer does not include Saturday or premium or timed deliveries
This offer excludes direct dispatch items.
_This offer finishes at 18:00 on 28th January 2011. _
Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over £10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...ry&source=aw#1

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

Seems crystal clear to me Dave.
They are are just running a offer for a few days to see if it make a
difference. SF will still be dearer and whilst offering a wider range,
some of their stuff is now only available in multiple packs.

Long Live Toolstation!

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 26, 9:27*am, Jim K wrote:

The delivery grid you linked to looks fine to me.

except it has no mention of the "free del when spending a tenner"
bit....

It's just a short-term offer - the table details the usual rates.

I must now that I've moved out of the city into the sticks I can no
longer just pop in to Screwfix/Toolstation and don't always want to
spend B&Q prices so the standard free delivery (£10) at Toolstation
is shifting more of my business over to them so hopefully Screwfix
might eventually follow suit.

Mathew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 9:10 am, "Steven Campbell" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in

Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over 10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...c=Campaign-_-E...

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

They usually give you a promotion code to put in at the checkout for the
free delivery.
The delivery grid you linked to looks fine to me.

except it has no mention of the "free del when spending a tenner"
bit....

Yes I know but I would presume it was an email only invitation where you
were given the code that's why it wouldn't be visible to Joe public?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:39:55 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over £10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...ry&source=aw#1

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

Seems crystal clear to me Dave.
They are are just running a offer for a few days to see if it make a
difference. SF will still be dearer and whilst offering a wider range,
some of their stuff is now only available in multiple packs.

Long Live Toolstation!

I've just signed up for a Toolstation account, giving a mobile phone number is mandatory!
Website probably designed by a youngster who cannot conceive of the concept of not owning
a mobile phone. The form field accepts the landline number though.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2011 11:36, Steven Campbell wrote:
"Jim wrote in message
On Jan 26, 9:10 am, "Steven wrote:
"The Medway wrote in

Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over 10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...c=Campaign-_-E...

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

They usually give you a promotion code to put in at the checkout for the
free delivery.
The delivery grid you linked to looks fine to me.

except it has no mention of the "free del when spending a tenner"
bit....

Yes I know but I would presume it was an email only invitation where you
were given the code that's why it wouldn't be visible to Joe public?

No code. Seems like a general offer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 26, 11:36 am, "Steven Campbell" wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

[...]

?er yes ? the emailed link (that takes you to the usual table) was
provided by TMH - no mention of codes...

I thought that was his point?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
, Paul
Herber writes

I've just signed up for a Toolstation account, giving a mobile phone number is
mandatory!

It doesn't need to be a real one ;-)
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just had an e mail from Screwfix "Free Delivery on Orders Over £10". No
doubt they are loosing out to Toolstation.

However, if you follow the link on the e mail it gets very confusing

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/hlp/...ry&source=aw#1

Can anyone understand that?

I've e mailed SF to clarify.

Seems crystal clear to me Dave.
They are are just running a offer for a few days to see if it make a
difference. SF will still be dearer and whilst offering a wider range,
some of their stuff is now only available in multiple packs.

Long Live Toolstation!

I've just signed up for a Toolstation account, giving a mobile phone number is mandatory!
Website probably designed by a youngster who cannot conceive of the concept of not owning
a mobile phone. The form field accepts the landline number though.

I've not put a real number on that sort of form for years!
and yes I don't use a mobile either other than an emergency.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul Herber wrote:
Long Live Toolstation!

I've just signed up for a Toolstation account,

They do accounts now?
Got a link?
Last time I asked, it was payment upfront for all orders.

Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1/26/2011 4:42 PM, fred wrote:
In article
, Paul
Herber writes

I've just signed up for a Toolstation account, giving a mobile phone
number is
mandatory!

It doesn't need to be a real one ;-)

Some sites will accept a string of zeroes. If they have my email
address, they don't need my phone number, as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2011 22:01, A.Lee wrote:
Paul wrote:
Long Live Toolstation!

I've just signed up for a Toolstation account,

They do accounts now?

Nah, he just means the usual standard online user/password account

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
On 26/01/2011 22:01, A.Lee wrote:
Paul wrote:
Long Live Toolstation!

I've just signed up for a Toolstation account,

They do accounts now?

Nah, he just means the usual standard online user/password account

I went into toolstation today to pick up a couple of bits for a job
today and was talking to the chap about the TS-SF war and the short term
£10 offer from SF.
He said if they don't have any item of whatever value in stock at the
counter, they will get it sent to any address post free - next day
provided the central warehouse has stock.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 27, 12:15*pm, Bob Minchin
wrote:

I went into toolstation today to pick up a couple of bits for a job
today and was talking to the chap about the TS-SF war and the short term
£10 offer from SF.
He said if they don't have any item of whatever value in stock at the
counter, they will get it sent to any address post free - next day
provided the central warehouse has stock.

Screwfix used to do that too, but presumably it was costing too much
as they've not offered it for quite some time around here.

I think the issue of stock is my biggest gripe with Screwfix - they
always seem to be missing at least one thing I'm after, and typically
it's the most important item the rest being just odds and sods! At
least with Toolstation you can easily check their store stock levels
online in advance to avoid disappointment or a wasted trip.

One way round this for me has been to use the Call & Collect service
that Screwfix offer - ring the order through, pay over the phone, and
it's available after 15mins. Of course with such a short lead time
that's not going to help the immediate stock issue but I tend to call
a day or so in advance so they're then able to get everything in stock
and I can just drop by knowing I'll be able to pick it all up.

Mathew