Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default foam gun - windows etc.

Been helping neighbour fit some windows in his garage.
I've got a decent foam gun - but the weak link is the crappy plastic
tube needed to get the foam into gaps around windows (squash it a bit
flat etc). The tube is just a push fit on the gun nozzle and keeps
falling off.
Its the weak link in the design. The nozzle end piece is too short to
get a decent worm-drive clip onto it.
Anyone fit windows a lot and have a solution to this? Professional
window fitters surely do not fiddle around
with a stupid plastic tube !
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson ) wibbled on Saturday 22 January 2011
18:28:

Been helping neighbour fit some windows in his garage.
I've got a decent foam gun - but the weak link is the crappy plastic
tube needed to get the foam into gaps around windows (squash it a bit
flat etc). The tube is just a push fit on the gun nozzle and keeps
falling off.
Its the weak link in the design. The nozzle end piece is too short to
get a decent worm-drive clip onto it.
Anyone fit windows a lot and have a solution to this? Professional
window fitters surely do not fiddle around
with a stupid plastic tube !
Simon.

I think they leave bigger gaps!

Yes - I have had the same problem. I went and bought some new tube that was
softer and a tighter fit - helped a bit.

There is a lot of room in the market for a "poor access" gun - ideally one
that can take a few screw on "solid" (gooseneck style) flexi pipes or a set
of shaped and bent screw on nozzels.

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 22, 7:13*pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/01/2011 19:01, Tim Watts wrote:

[...]

How about a length of rubber tube as used on a manometer, pushed over
the end of the gun tube (the wide bit - not the nipple) and clipped on
with a jubilee clip?

--

Might be OK. But probably a bit soft. Tube needs to be reasonably
rigid so you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 22, 7:01*pm, Tim Watts wrote:
sm_jamieson ) wibbled on Saturday 22 January 2011
18:28:

Been helping neighbour fit some windows in his garage.
I've got a decent foam gun - but the weak link is the crappy plastic
tube needed to get the foam into gaps around windows (squash it a bit
flat etc). The tube is just a push fit on the gun nozzle and keeps
falling off.
Its the weak link in the design. The nozzle end piece is too short to
get a decent worm-drive clip onto it.
Anyone fit windows a lot and have a solution to this? Professional
window fitters surely do not fiddle around
with a stupid plastic tube !
Simon.

I think they leave bigger gaps!

I bet they do !.
Plastic trim all round, stuck to the wallpaper !
Simon.

Yes - I have had the same problem. I went and bought some new tube that was
softer and a tighter fit - helped a bit.

There is a lot of room in the market for a "poor access" gun - ideally one
that can take a few screw on "solid" (gooseneck style) flexi pipes or a set
of shaped and bent screw on nozzels.

Yes, I just couldn't believe the gun is so good and the vital
accessory is so poor !
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson ) wibbled on Saturday 22 January 2011
19:54:

Might be OK. But probably a bit soft. Tube needs to be reasonably
rigid so you
can use some force against it. But certainly a method of fixing over
the thick part
of the pipe.
Simon.

Add a bit of small bore rigid pipe to make a nozzel to the other end? Like a
bit of car brake pipe or soemthing....

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:28:45 -0800 (PST), sm_jamieson
wrote:

Its the weak link in the design. The nozzle end piece is too short to
get a decent worm-drive clip onto it.

What about a cable tie and a pair of pliers?

--
Geo