Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vinyl windows and Foam insulation

My contractor is using EnerFoam by DOW to insulate the around the frames of
my inserts. IS this the proper stuff to use. I alwasy heard that the stuff
to use should be non expandable, but the stuff he used is definitely
expandable stuff.

Is this the right stuff? He already has done 2 our of 15 windows and the 2
windows that he used the EnerFoam stuff work well. One is a vertical slider
and one is a casement. My concern is that they will bow over time. If they
didn't bow now can they still bow over time?

Should he be using non expandable foam? If so what is the best product(s)
he shoudl be using?

Posted to alt.home.repair

BTW. The EnerFoam can he used says low expansion and 1 hour cure.

"h. Reno" wrote in message
newsS3Yj.3448$KB3.501@edtnps91...
My contractor is using EnerFoam by DOW to insulate the around the frames

of
my inserts. IS this the proper stuff to use. I alwasy heard that the

stuff
to use should be non expandable, but the stuff he used is definitely
expandable stuff.

Is this the right stuff? He already has done 2 our of 15 windows and the

2
windows that he used the EnerFoam stuff work well. One is a vertical

slider
and one is a casement. My concern is that they will bow over time. If

they
didn't bow now can they still bow over time?

Should he be using non expandable foam? If so what is the best product(s)
he shoudl be using?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun 18 May 2008 05:30:13p, h. Reno told us...

My contractor is using EnerFoam by DOW to insulate the around the frames
of my inserts. IS this the proper stuff to use. I alwasy heard that
the stuff to use should be non expandable, but the stuff he used is
definitely expandable stuff.

Is this the right stuff? He already has done 2 our of 15 windows and
the 2 windows that he used the EnerFoam stuff work well. One is a
vertical slider and one is a casement. My concern is that they will bow
over time. If they didn't bow now can they still bow over time?

Should he be using non expandable foam? If so what is the best
product(s) he shoudl be using?

Expandable foam does expand, but it doesn't continue to expand over time.
I'm quite sure it has already expanded to its full capacity. If the windows
are fine now, they should be fine in the future. If your workman knows
what he's doing, then he applied the correct amount of foam with the
anticipation of how much it would expand. Persnally, I prefer it over the
non expanding foam, as it fills every crevice without fail.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 05(V)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"h. Reno" wrote in message
BTW. The EnerFoam can he used says low expansion and 1 hour cure.

And that is the answer to your questions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You're welcome!

On Sun 18 May 2008 05:34:22p, h. Reno told us...

[...]

1wks 3hrs 35mins
There's nothing quite like something
there's only one of.