Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ADSL connection?

I want to connect the phone/ADSL splitter in my house
to a desktop computer by a long (10 metres) telephone wire.
This has to go out of the house and back again,
so I have to drill 2 holes in window-frames.

I'd like to keep the holes as small as possible,
so I am wondering if I can cut the telephone wire, and re-join it,
either just by binding each of the 4 wires together,
or by soldering them.
Would this give a good enough connection for ADSL?

The alternative is to drill 12mm holes to allow the RJ-11 (or RJ-12)
connector through.

I know I could get a crimper to do this,
but I have to do it this weekend,
and don't have access to any sophisticated electronic store.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

BT Hub or ADSL Filter ? the_constructor UK diy 10 October 29th 07 08:27 PM
ADSL [email protected] UK diy 17 September 9th 06 10:40 AM
ADSL diagnostic The Natural Philosopher UK diy 27 January 28th 06 09:38 AM
ADSL microfilters [email protected] UK diy 30 May 16th 05 08:15 PM
Cable for ADSL [email protected] UK diy 6 May 16th 05 04:12 PM